Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #71

Re: Fifi - not brilliant news

Thats the thing with animals I adore they live in the moment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #72

Sorry to hear that another op is needed but it does sound hopeful-we will be keeping everything crossed here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #73

Well. we're back and Fifi has a fetching purple bandage which the vet assures me will be flicked off in no time . She couldn't bind it too tight as it would restrict blood flow to the paw and cause more problems.

Essentially they removed quite a large area of both tumour and flesh. Vet is confident that it's all been cleared out. HOWEVER, she removed flesh close to the carpal pad (?) the one at the back of the foot, and found some gelatinous substance that she was a bit concerned about. She said the tendon in the area contains such material anyway, but this just rang a bit of a bell with her, though 'I shouldn't worry'. I have a very bad feeling about this.

So - as the wound wasn't properly closed - again because it was felt such tightening of the skin may act as a tourniquet (sp) on the foot, it hasn't been fully stitched so I need to attend the vets to get it redressed every 3-4 days.

Fi's limping horribly and it's hearbreaking to watch; obviously upset by the bandage. After the last op she was OK but this time she's really withdrawn.

Overall, I have some concerns over this. Until we get the results from the biopsy back we won't know for sure but I have a sinking feeling

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #74

Sending good thoughts for you both. Please give Fifi gentle cuddles for me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #75

Oh poor baby, I feel for her. She's a brave little lady. We ask a lot of our furbabes and we can't explain why we are doing such awful things to them but with lots of cuddles she'll know you love her. Chin up Yola, jelly like substances not necessarily sinister, but medics are curious by nature and perhaps she said some thing she should have just kept in her head. Big prayers for Fifi tonight to all my cat saints and the Big Guy of corse

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #76

Special thoughts to you and healing vibes to Fifi, Yola ...... I hope she'll feel a lot more comfortable soon....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #77

Lots of gentle hugs being sent for Fifi, and a big one for you too Yola. I wont say don't worry, because you will, as would us all, but try not to dwell too much xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #78

Hope Fifi feels better soon. Its hard to see our animals not well. Sending hugs to Fifi and you Yola. Cant be easy xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #79

It's hard seeing them hurting and not being able to explain or help ... thinking nothing but positive healing thoughts for Fifi. (((hugs))), Yola.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #80

Thinking of you and Fifi, still got everything crossed!