Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #71

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

Not sure if it's normal or not BT...probably a good idea to get the vet to check her wound over. Sometimes dissolvable stitches take ages to dissolve and are often best removed. Good luck at the vets, hope the news is good x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
11-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #72

Took her to the vets, the vet watched her walk, and felt the leg, and said that there is a possibility there is a bone infection/inflammation, or it is something that will only be picked up on an x-ray. So we have put her on extremely strong antibiotics over the weekend, plus I am to keep her on 2 drops of Metacam and if there is no difference (and the vet isn't making any promises) then we will have another chat to see where we go - I will be pushing for x-rays next, I wont accept any more medications till they know what that bone looks like. The vet asked what she was like with medication and I laughed!! The vet then found out how difficult she is cos she couldnt get one down her, so she called the vet nurse in, but I took over (despite the vet telling me to wait) - by the time he had come in, the tablet was down her neck (although again, I had to get my fingers scarily close to her teeth for it to go down in one) - they can be opened and contents sprinkled, shall be trying that tomorrow.
The worrying part is that when the vet weighed her to get the right dosage, she guessed at 3.5 while holding her, and I said she couldn't be, she was 4.02 3 weeks ago - the scales said 3.63 - I dont understand how she has lost so much weight, even when she has had days of being off her wet food, I have given her enough to get the Metacam and then given her as much dry as she has wanted. It has also wiped out so many months of building her back up to over 4kg - but she has lost tiny amounts of weight the past 2/3 checkups, so she was being monitored to check it wasn't the start of yet another weight loss.
Did mention the scab to the vet, she had a quick feel and didn't really say anything.
So, still no idea of what is wrong with that leg, or when it will ever get sorted.

Almost a Veteran Member

14-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #73

Not an incredibly good weekend for either of us. Sometimes when I watch her walk my hopes go up cos she seems fine, then other times my heart sinks cos it is looking as bad/worse. So I will be ringing the vets tomorrow and demanding x-rays. She has also been really iffy with her food, she has been given 5 different kinds of wet food (all bar one she has eaten no probs before the antibiotics), but is eating dry as long as I put it on the floor/bed, wherever she is, rather than in the bowl - and at the moment I am willing to pander to her. I am going to get the vet to check her mouth cos of it - I attempted to look yesterday and couldn't see anything, but she hates her mouth being touched. She has a black patch on her gum that is looking like it is bigger, and she does occasionally hold the lip on that side oddly - am sure I mentioned it to the vets at some point last year though.

Almost a Veteran Member

15-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #74

X-rays are being done tomorrow, she will have to spend all day at the vets though, as they have to be done at the other branch. Am sure it wont be that bad for her though, and means she might get to eat more food (I can't leave any down as Tom is a scavenger). She has eaten 3/4 pouch and 10g of biscuits tonight, am very pleased as she only ate about 10g of biscuits this morning. I am getting the vet to check her mouth as well, in case that is why she is reluctant to eat (doubt it, as it only happens when her leg flares up), but have suggested it is done while she is sedated!! The vet saw how she reacted to her mouth being touched, so think she was pleased. So, I should know something after 2pm tomorrow, please keep you fingers crossed for good news for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
15-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #75

Fingers very crossed for both of you!
Wouldn't she prefer wet to dry food, if it was her mouth? Maybe not...I prefer crisp-bread for a sore throat - may be the same.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #76

Fingers definitely crossed and sending good vibes!! Keep us posted! (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #77

Fingers crossed here x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
15-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #78

Best of luck, hope she gets better,
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #79

Fingers firmly crossed for her here Des

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #80

I hope everything goes well for her tomorrow.......