Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #71

Re: Healing thoughts for Porsha please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
I was wondering earlier, do you think it could be a form of IBS? I know that Siamese/Orientals are quite highly strung and can have problems like that.

more hugs to you and Porsha.
xxx

She is a very highly strung cat and the vet did say that once they have stabilized her they may consider doing some bowel biopsy's which possibly may show up any problems of this nature?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
She is a very highly strung cat and the vet did say that once they have stabilized her they may consider doing some bowel biopsy's which possibly may show up any problems of this nature?
That's good news then. Even if they can just eliminate it as a problem.

I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it Fran.

Chin up.
xxxxxxxxx

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #73

The problem is that she struggled to come round from the last anaesthetic she had so they are quite reluctant to just 'put her under' to do the more invasive tests. But obviously they will do what they think is necessary and if she has to go under anaesthetic then so be it although I will be worried sick. I have asked them to spey her if she does have to go under to avoid her having to go under again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #74

You'll get her back they tried to keep Cleo last year after her Op but I got her back - no one ever wanted to keep Oz he was just to "much" I am pleased she is doing well and stable.

Sounds promising Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #75

Can't they look at the bowel by way of x-ray while she's awake, or just a bit sedated, instead of doing the whole biopsy?

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
Can't they look at the bowel by way of x-ray while she's awake, or just a bit sedated, instead of doing the whole biopsy?
She did say they could do ultrasound and I think that will be the first line of attack before they consider more invasive tests. She doesn't want to do anything this weekend but just stabilise her, she said we can make decisions after the weekend as to what we might want to do regarding more invasive tests...

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
You'll get her back they tried to keep Cleo last year after her Op but I got her back - no one ever wanted to keep Oz he was just to "much" I am pleased she is doing well and stable.

Sounds promising Karen

Yes, well when she is back to full health they will be begging me to pick her up as they will have ear ache from all her 'talking'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #78

Glad to hear that she's stable and settled Fran! On one hand you're glad the blood works are clear, but on the other wishing they had shown something which they could have treated. Will keep up the prayers for her over the weekend. ((hugs)) xx

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Glad to hear that she's stable and settled Fran! On one hand you're glad the blood works are clear, but on the other wishing they had shown something which they could have treated. Will keep up the prayers for her over the weekend. ((hugs)) xx
Thanks Alex, hopefully the stool samples will be more forthcoming with answers? The main reason she has gone into the hospital is to be stabilised and hydrated, I would like answers but as she had had boats loads of tests before I'm not holding any hope out unless we decide to do the more invasive type of tests..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #80

Glad she is getting lots of love hope she gets better soon. I will be thinking of you.

Sally