Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #61

Re: Dash to the Vet with Alfie

Any news on the results CM???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #62

Spoke to vet today. Thyroid results came back negative. Thank goodness as he is young, but Farthing, thank you so much for taking the time to post the info.

I asked them to do a full blood screen for me and he tested his urine too (that was fun trying to get a sample!!)

Liver and kidney function are both normal, nothing extraordinary showing up at all.

Nothing showing in his urine either.

End result is he has a heart condition caused or brought on by ???????????????? on checking his notes there has been no indication of racing or abnormality at his annual health checks.

Plan is to finish the diuretics and hope the fluid doesn't come back: Finish the heart tablets and see how he does: Keep him on digitalis for life.

He has gained 2 pounds since last weighed so that is good. I think he has a bit more energy now which is also really good.

Basically I have a lovely cat with a heart condition which we will just have to monitor and live with.

Can I just say thank you all so much for the time you have all taken to support me thru all this and for the great advice you have given.

Alfie sends big purrs and chin bumps to everyone.

CM x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #63

Good news, CM, especially the weight gain! Thank Alfie for the chin bump and give him a chin-tickle from me.... (and maybe a little extra treat!)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
26-10-2008, 02:05 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Spoke to vet today. Thyroid results came back negative. Thank goodness as he is young, but Farthing, thank you so much for taking the time to post the info.

I asked them to do a full blood screen for me and he tested his urine too (that was fun trying to get a sample!!)

Liver and kidney function are both normal, nothing extraordinary showing up at all.

Nothing showing in his urine either.

End result is he has a heart condition caused or brought on by ???????????????? on checking his notes there has been no indication of racing or abnormality at his annual health checks.

Plan is to finish the diuretics and hope the fluid doesn't come back: Finish the heart tablets and see how he does: Keep him on digitalis for life.

He has gained 2 pounds since last weighed so that is good. I think he has a bit more energy now which is also really good.

Basically I have a lovely cat with a heart condition which we will just have to monitor and live with.

Can I just say thank you all so much for the time you have all taken to support me thru all this and for the great advice you have given.

Alfie sends big purrs and chin bumps to everyone.

CM x
Hi CM

Only just got to read this, haven't been on the forums for awhile. Glad to hear Alfie's doing better!

Hugs and purrs from me, Miw, and Mousie

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #65

That's good news CM, especially with a weight gain too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #66

Very pleased to hear that Alfie is doing well, even if the heart condition is unexplained.
Love and hugs to you both xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #67

Glad Alfie has put on a bit of weight and also that his b & u tests are clear. Please give him a gentle cuddle from me and ((((HUGS)))) for you too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #68

Pleased to read he has put on some weight CM...and the tests are all clear......You must be so relieved....x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Pleased to read he has put on some weight CM...and the tests are all clear......You must be so relieved....x
Certainly am. Now his heart has slowed to a normal rate his metabolism is obviously settling downand so he is putting some weight on. He is not so tired and lethargic so looks better.

Best sign is he is starting to wash himself again. So I assume he feels better in himself too.

It is such a relief to stroke his back and not feel every notch in his spine and the shape of his pelvis.

Thanks

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #70

As you say, I think it's just something you will all have to learn to live with and watch for warning signs. You can then jump on the symptoms and get them back under control. I hope Alfie continues to bounce back