Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #61

Re: Chico!

where is Yola today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #62

I'm here Just been to London to take Dominik on the London Eye Never again!! Been 4 times before, never bothered by it, this time I was getting quite nervous . . . I stopped talking, that's a sure sign

Anyway, I digress. OH didn't gush all over the place and say, wow brilliant another cat to groom, pay for vets, clean up after etc . . . but then again he didn't catagorically say 'no' he just kind of looked at me as if already resigned to it!

So I guess the answer is yes, we would love to have Chico

I need to think about the logistics of doing this. I have a house viewing tomorrow so need to spend the morning cleaning this tip up, Thursday is full of Dominik's dentist appointment/piano tuning/Dominik's haircut and Friday is Sebi's home day Wednesday is a possibility but it will mean a whole week out of the office for me which I know OH isn't too pleased about with things as they are.

Sunday would be OK . . . I could come to Stourbridge, but Telford is possibly a little bit too far. Otherwise it might have to be the following weekend. Would Chico be OK in the car for a couple of hours without a break coming down from Stourbridge??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #63

YAAAYYY!!! Oh I'm so pleased! I really and truly hope you can work the logistics of it all out.Oooooh, so excited.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #64

Hey - this one passed me by!
So pleased he's got a lovely home ... or will have soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #65

Yola - we'll work it out, how do you fancy meeting me at Warwick services M40 one day?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #66

One suggestion put ear plugs in..........he is loud or maybe a slightly larger carrier with some soft bedding so he feels safer.
Pleased for you Yola, and him.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
18-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #67

Thats brilliant news and lovely for all of us that we can keep track of how he settles in with you yola. Just to let u kno I am in Gloucester so if anyone ever needs a hand I will offer.

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #68

Warwick services sounds a distinct possibility. That's where Dawn and I met when I bought her lovely digital SLR and it's not too far!

I need to try and plan this carefully as I don't want to stress Chico unduly by throwing him into the full-on noise that is Sebastian (assisted by Dominik) on an average day. Remember, these are two boistrous lads

The only small concern is the toiletting. Has he displayed any signs of the since moving home? With Sebastian still being a floor dweller a lot of the time I can't really risk him trailing through cat poo . . . and I don't want to take Chico only to have to palm him off again. I do understand there are no guarantees that he will or won't, but would be interested to know how his behaviour has been whilst in fo
ster care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #69

Well, I can only say that while he was at mine Yola, he used the tray beautifully. As I said to Smudgley, he hadn't been wormed in over a year 'as he was a house cat'!! and that seems to have been the root of his problems. I wormed him as soon as I got him, and while I was told he was toileting a few times a day in inappropriate places, he only went twice the whole time he was with me and that was in the tray!

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #70

That's good to hear Alex . . . if he knows how to use the tray and does use it that's 9/10ths of the problem resolved. And if he's out of a stressful situation (for whatever reason) it means that he's less likely to do it again.