Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
09-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #61

Re: Stray cat

WWWeeeeeelllll... the dirty deed is done ..I collected him from the vets this morning.he did not look very well . perhaps a little frightened..on the way home he " peed " in the cat carrier I let him out of the carrier into the car..which now smells of cats..he got his own back on me.. I took him into the house and made a fuss of him,Millie went up to him and smack him around the head just like a mum with a naughty boy .so funny. he had some food and wanted to go out.I made him stay in a while before he went out. he came back about half hour later had more grub and went out again..will update more as time progresses...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #62

yeahhhhhhhhh..glad he's home.. too bad he peed in the carrier whislt it was in the car...he's probably having a grin to himself about that one!.given that he's had a feed.. gone out and come back and then had another feed and gone out again.. it would seem that he certainly knows where his bread is buttered!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #63

I'm sure he'll soon be back to normal - except over the next few weeks he will lose the urge to roam so much and become more cuddly.
Sorry about your car - it's not a nice smell. I've heard that powdered nutmeg is really good at absorbing nasty niffs. Treat yourself to a tub from the spice section of the supermarket, sprinkle it on and leave it overnight then vaccuum away. Also bicarbonate of soda, as we were discussing a couple of days ago. Sprinkle it and leave and vaccuum, as with nutmeg. You could add a drop or two of lavender oil or tea tree oil and shake it through the tub first, if you like.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #64

Millie probably smacked him because he smelled strange to her....the dreaded vet smell! That's very common when a cat comes back from the vet. Glad to hear he's eating well; hope DM's advice will get rid of the aroma!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #65

Sooooo pleased to hear that the deed is done and has gone well, sorry to hear about the little accident in the car though hope the smell clears soon

Catsey Senior

John is Male
11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #66

had a freind in the car he said whats that smell..I said its a new air freshener..but I did not like it so I threw it away !!!!!!!!!!! ..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #67

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
had a freind in the car he said whats that smell..I said its a new air freshener..but I did not like it so I threw it away !!!!!!!!!!! ..
that is sooooooooo funny but soooooo wicked.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #69

Have you tried the nutmeg yet John?

Catsey Senior

John is Male
12-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Have you tried the nutmeg yet John?
No not yet. I have only been shopping at my local Lidls.but couldn.t see any..still its nice weather and an excuse to keep the windows open