Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #51

Re: I think the babys may be on the way!!!!! yay

Reporting Mags?? She's a moderator!! Oh dear . . . that's a bit of a faux pas isn't it

I'm sorry there is such bad feeling over this when there are living things at stake; babies at that . . . Emmz, may I suggest you calm down and take some of the very good, if a little difficult to swallow, advice on offer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #52

Oh dear lord, I can hardly beleive this. Reporting Mags for posting a helpful link just takes the buscuit. This is what always tends to happen here, people make these posts asking for help but they dont really want the help, they want the clucking fluffies to ooh and ahh over them. Then they get defensive and upset when the truth of the matter is pointed out. Truth can often hurt but you should be adult enough to take it on the chin. If not, then maybe a childs pet forum would be the place to go.

Cats owned: Moggie
17-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #53

That is a low blow, Mags did nothing to you other than offer help, I have reread all the posts and for the life of me I don't understand why you have singled her out. Maybe I was a little naive, I felt sorry for you and thought things could have been handled in a nicer way but you've really gone and thrown a spanner in the works, proving them all right about you. Maybe its you that needs to hear that 2 wrongs don't make a right. Tit for tat is very childish behaviour, shame on you.

Debbie x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #54

Maybe i'm a clucking fluffy, but if i want to say someones Kittens are nice then i will do so, whether they be moggies or pedigrees.
I have tried realy hard to keep out of this thread but feel i have to say this. We are all individuals and some of us speak more directly than others but we should all be tolerant of how we interact.

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Maybe i'm a clucking fluffy, but if i want to say someones Kittens are nice then i will do so, whether they be moggies or pedigrees.
I have tried realy hard to keep out of this thread but feel i have to say this. We are all individuals and some of us speak more directly than others but we should all be tolerant of how we interact.
But by coo'ing over irresponsibly bred kittens you are encouraging them to continue and are therefore part of the problem and not the solution.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: cross breed
17-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #56

Those five good homes could/should have gone to cats in rescue
I have been to a rescue today where they have lots of unwanted kittens already all the result no doubt of irresponsible breeding and cats not being neutered
If the cat had been neutered when it returned from it,s wandering it would not be giving birth now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
But by coo'ing over irresponsibly bred kittens you are encouraging them to continue and are therefore part of the problem and not the solution.
I'm not going to comment further after this because i feel it could get out of hand and personal. But Elaine i am not going to accept that i am part of the problem.
When Kittens are already born i will make whatever comment i want.
I am not condoning indiscriminate breeding . Perhaps if people didn't get pedigree cats and got rescues instead that would help.I know i will cause offence now but i'm just throwing that in to point out that we don't live in an ideal world. I myself have just got a pedigree Dog so i'm not calling people who have pedigree cats.
I have also worked as a volunteer in a cat shelter so i'm not just a fluffy cooing person.

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #58

We are ALL entitled to our opinions but just to point out that pedigree cats are only 3% of the UK cat population.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #59

Pedigree cats often end up in rescues too...I have fostered Siamese....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #60

And I have had 2 pure-bred Persians from CP. They ARE cute and fluffy, but they also need some management in terms of their fur, eyes etc.

I'm sure people think they are teddy bears; that they'll either sit compliant on a sofa or alternatively look after themselves like mogs tend to do.

Wrong. They need time invested in them and sadly that is often not forthcoming.

Shelley - I agree that it's important to balance education with empathy. I've had the discussion with Elaine and Dawn before however I can also see Elaine's point of view inasmuch as to encourage the 'aren't they cute' factor will only validate what is going on.

There is no clear-cut right or wrong way to approach this - everyone uses their own experiences to shape the way they react. Whilst I've seen some bad cases of abandonment I haven't witnessed abject cruelty, starvation and forced euthanasia. Maybe if I had I'd be taking a stronger and more vociferous stand.

Closed Thread