Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #51

Re: Amber rushed to emergency hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizward
And of course, if she was breeding expecting a lovely litter of pedigree (if unregisterable) kittens to make some money, and has found herself instead with over a thousand in vet bills already, totally exhausted, and already two dead kittens, perhaps her husband's attitude becomes a bit more understandable.

Poor lady, she must be kicking herself for not letting the breeder have the cat back!

Liz

Very tragic, especially for the cats.

Cats owned: Asians and Burmese
20-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #52

I suspect it is too late for that cat now, if the story about the emergency vet is even half true

Liz

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #53

I suspect it's too late for the kittens too, she has been poking about at them, taking them out on the car journey to the vet etc and making every one, breeder and vet, out to look so bad.
I cannt understand why a) she did this in the first place b) why she never took up any help offered.

All very very sad and the poor husband has been slated in all of this aswell.

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #54

Oh and welcome to Catsey Liz, shame you came here under such sad circumstances.

20-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Oh and welcome to Catsey Liz, shame you came here under such sad circumstances.
Thank you

Liz

20-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I suspect it's too late for the kittens too, she has been poking about at them, taking them out on the car journey to the vet etc and making every one, breeder and vet, out to look so bad.
Well, if the vet really did say the kittens had to be fed every two hours until they were 6 or 9 weeks old (depending on which version of the story you read), I suppose it is understandable that she might take them out with her if she thought she was going to be more than two hours. I have told her they will not die of starvation that quickly and given her a more realistic feeding timetable I hope. They do sound to be reasonable weights.

I'm afraid the problem is always the same when someone is rumbled - and yes I rumbled her as the person breeding from the non-active cat which the breeder had begged to have back - and that is that they disappear and you never find out what happened. Perhaps it would have been better to keep quiet and not let on that we knew, but that would take a lot of self control and I doubt if it would ever happen, people are rightly outraged when they think they are being taken for a ride.

I daresay the breeder, who is on the other forum, will have picked this up by now and will call this lady again so perhaps she might accept help after all, who knows? It would be the best outcome both for her and for any surviving kittens.

Liz

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizward
Well, if the vet really did say the kittens had to be fed every two hours until they were 6 or 9 weeks old (depending on which version of the story you read), I suppose it is understandable that she might take them out with her if she thought she was going to be more than two hours. I have told her they will not die of starvation that quickly and given her a more realistic feeding timetable I hope. They do sound to be reasonable weights.

I'm afraid the problem is always the same when someone is rumbled - and yes I rumbled her as the person breeding from the non-active cat which the breeder had begged to have back - and that is that they disappear and you never find out what happened. Perhaps it would have been better to keep quiet and not let on that we knew, but that would take a lot of self control and I doubt if it would ever happen, people are rightly outraged when they think they are being taken for a ride.

I daresay the breeder, who is on the other forum, will have picked this up by now and will call this lady again so perhaps she might accept help after all, who knows? It would be the best outcome both for her and for any surviving kittens.

Liz
You are absolutely right but it can be difficult to articulate appropriately in order to get at the truth, especially when the poster ignores questions, advice and genuine offers of help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #58

Elaine, you've hit the nail on the head. Alarm bells should start ringing when advice is ignored and then the story gets 'accellerated' to another crisis.

I feel a bit of an idiot in offering advice, but then as I told Karen, I'm a lousy judge of character

I hope the cat/kittens end up OK. Liz/Elaine, if you get any feedback from the breeder could you just let us know?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
20-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #59

I hope this thread and the one on the other site puts off others who are thinking of doing the same

20-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyshandy
I hope this thread and the one on the other site puts off others who are thinking of doing the same
Yes indeed, that would at least be some good to come out of it!

Liz