Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
17-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #51

Re: Some new additions.

Thanks, Elaine.
Kizzy, the bun, had been doing very well, but she is out of sorts today. Really very worried about her, she's gone off her food and looking uncomfortable. I've injected her with a gut stimulant and tried to keep her warm. She is also getting a probiotic and having a panacur treatment for E. cunniculi ( a protozoan parasite that causes all sorts of damage to a rabbits organs and what we suspect finally killed Smokey), this is as a precausionary measure.
We had to get the vet out to Copper today (and got him to check Kizzy and he found nothing obvious), she's a goat that came, along with 4 others, from somebody who had been accused of abusing them. We don't know how old she is but she was very stiff today. The vet thinks it is arthritis, which seems to be quite common in the older goats we've had. She has had an antibiotic injection (as her temp was up and just being careful) and metacam. I now have her in a rug and we will see how she is tomorrow. Its that time of year when all the slighly older/ weaker animals get ill. I hate winter!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #52

Re: Some new additions.

What a beauty Pippin is, looks so much happier too...