Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
20-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #51

Re: this week..it's all worry & sadness on CP

*takes a run and jump and dives on top of the pile*

SUPER BEAR HUG!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Yes definatley a group hug!
I can;t say much bar on the subject of those (both human and feline) whom are no longer with us-We all know life begins and where there is a beginning there is an end..we don't necesarily want it all too end but it is merely a process. Berievements (sp) are the worst thing in the world and they well and truly knock the stuffing out of you..but then you come onto CP and you see such threads like Fran and Deester's-and you see the starting of new life and you then see its just the process starting all over again. I was allways brought up to believe as life exits the world....new life enters and so we revolve around constantly.
CP is a great illustrator of this process-we are a small and close community and we all get to 'know each other', and as sad as it is..whenever a member looses a feline friend it seems inturn that new kittens pop up..and we see the journey starting all over again-i'll stop now as i'm rambling, but yes-basically this has been a very terrible week for catpages..but as is the balance of the universe with the bad comes the good, such as:
DM finally concluding her kitten search in a positive manner
Poppy (deester's bengal x BSH) has a litter who are growing strong!
Annie (deesters other bengal x BSH) is expecting a litter..thus new life.
Maud has got a litter of thriving babies

On the subject of my great-great aunt, we can't look back on the loss with hurt and pain..it must be reviewed as the mere closure of a VERY long chapter..a few months off 100 years is a hell of a long time-and i just hope i'm around for aslong as she was!
Best wishes
Luke, I am very much in awe at how mature you are for such a young man! I'm glad to have met you here on CP!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
21-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #53

I agree with you there DM. I thought that was a lovely post from Luke.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #54

It has been quite a week or two ................... but life tends to be a bit like that. Sometimes you're left wondering what the fates are going to throw at you next; sometimes everything is so good you feel you could explode with happiness. It's the latter that gets us through the former.

Philosophy lecture over, this is a nice place, with really nice people, to share both your joys and your sorrows.

Is the hug still going on from last night? It is? Eileen, Karen, Luke, Jac, etc in the middle? OK, all together, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
21-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #55

I agree, DM - the good times get you through the bad times. When I was a teenager, I had an awful time for years. My mum died when I was 15 (cancer) and my brother died less than a year after her (by five days - car accident). My father became horribly abusive in every way known to man, as well as stealing my inheritance. My relatives believed every word my dad fed to them, and even when told (years and years later) about what he did, they decided "a happy family is more important than dealing with this".

And I kept going, only because I kept telling myself that it's not possible for things to stay bad all the time. And that one day, things would be better. I also taught myself to place immense importance in little things that nobody could take away with me - I became enthralled with how much sky there is, for example, because it made me happy (I would take my dog to the park at 5 am and sit on a hill and look at how much sky I could see while the sun came up, for example) and with how lovely it smells outside at night, specifically in the summer.

It took almost 8 years. Things have only been properly good for me since May last year (when I moved to England and met all the lovely people my boyfriend has been so lucky as to accumulate over his life, who adopted my son as part of the "family" and are the best friends known to man - Canis-Equus, little though she posts here, is one of them). But they've been worth waiting for, and of course my son kept me going even more once he was born.

Sometimes it takes a while... But things can't stay bad. It's simply impossible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #56

and not to froget kay's loss either.

Think just about everyone had something sad or bad happen.

Good tore ceive so much support from you lot, but can you REALLY imagine Jembob running full pelt catapulting herself at you all full speed in real life? cos that very thought did make me smile briefly!

you're all nutters, but a good bunch of nutters.

If we're picking waht object we wanna be can I be a parrot? cos they talk a lot dont they!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #57

changed my mind, can i be a tigger cos then anyone i dont like i can bounce into the ground.

actually on third thoughts i wont be doing much bouncing int hat case, so i'll just do what a tigger does best, and bounce ya all and knocke ya over

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #58

You really are all a lovely bunch of nutters - and I'm glad to be part of CP!

Luke and Snoof I thought your posts were very touching. Luke, you are indeed a very mature young man (sorry if that sounds at all patronising - it isn't meant to!). I suffer from depressive feelings, mainly due to our awful lack of finances, but Snoof, your post put things into perspective.

Life is a rollercoaster of ups and downs and I think we have all had some difficult times, but hopefully things can only get better.....!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #59

This is a really nice thread.... glad to be here on CP and to have met you all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
21-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #60

I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we're also happy to have you here, Kim and Donna

And Kim - I hope your money worries let up soon. I had them for a long time as a single parent and they can really drag things down, can't they?