Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
07-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #41

Re: For Tink

Tink, I'm SO so sorry.. I did wonder when it was going to hit..

The plethora of overwhleming emotions is taking you on a very tough ride right now, this is probably the toughest time in your life but please, please believe me it really won't help to exercise it inwardly. I know it feels like an outlet right now and something you take a little relief from but it's not your friend, it's your enemy pretending to be your friend. Please, please don't let it take you over, you might not feel it right now but are so much stronger than that. You need an outlet but this isn't it. You also need time to grieve, cry as much as you want, cry until you can cry no more each night, it will help to get it out ...Throw yourself into anything constructive, this will distract you and distraction is good at keeping away the harmful 'hurt demons' that are trying their damndest to get to you when you're down..Tink, I will pray for you, each night.

Although the support you get here is brilliant would you perhaps consider getting in touch with a site or a local group who have also lost a much loved partner..? Your psychiatrist might be able to put you in touch with one perhaps. So many of us are across the miles, we would all hug you and hold you close right now and wipe away the tears in person if we could!! It might help, even if it helps a little, Tink it's unfair to think of you going through all this on your own out there Please take care.

..and if you want to PM me, at any time, please do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #42

Tink, I am sending you a long-distance hug and am so sorry, as others have said, that we aren't nearer to be proper personal support which is what you need now. I do hope that your psychiatrist can put you in touch with people on hand to help.

Please try and stay strong for Kuan Yin, Hestia, Solomon, the dogs and ferrets - they all recognise your distress and can offer real comfort, proper comfort. I know my dear old Merlin did when my parents died. Bless you xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #43

I can only echo the wise words above .... wish so much I could be there for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #44

Tink, i am so sorry to hear of the loss of Kevin. I have only just found the thread.
You have been through so much with him and i can't begin to understand how you feel.
You must be a strong person to have coped so far and i hope you get the help you need. Like everyone else i wish we were nearer but if i or any of your other friends on here can help in anyway just say the word. xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
07-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #45

Oh my...there are no words to explain how sorry to hear about your dear K. He was such a wonderful man & the love you had for each other was so sweet. That video tribute to him was lovely Tink. He will always be missed by many.

K knows you will never forget him. He is in a place where he is free from all that pain now. He may be gone from earth but he will always be there with you, even when you feel alone, he is still there just in a different way.

Unlimited ((hugs)) from over here. Until you two meet again, RIP K

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
07-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #46

Some wonderful and wise words from Catsey folk. I can't really add any more, just to say I am thinking and praying for you. ((hugs))

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #47

Can I just add to that that given half a chance animals can be great healers, even if you can't see it at the time.

When I was very ill with M.E. and in bed most of the time my darling girl Mitzi took to going to bed with me and sleeping on my pillow and draped herself around the top of my head while I slept, something which was, until then, extremely out of character for her!! Whether she was just making the most of her mum's bedtime or whether she felt I needed someone there when I felt like dying I'll never really know, but she is a very 'deep' thinker and I do believe she instinctively offered some healing and comfort when I needed it most. Now I am much better she is the one who now needs me to nurse her in her time of greatest need and I will do whatever it takes to make sure I will always be there for her, I would anyway.

So you see sometimes, although we may not be able to think straight at the time, or see it, our dear animals seem to instinctively feel what we are going through and instinctively offer what we need to get us through the toughest of times. Mitzi still sleeps with me but now it is the other way round, I am trying to heal her and keep her strong.

Take comfort in the healing that is given so freely by our animals.

xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #48

Tink i hope you are ok. I hope the appointment with the phych helped a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #49

Same here, please let us know how you're doing today........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #50

Hi, I am doing okay. Better than before but obviously not great.
I feel like I want to talk but I just don't even know where to start.