Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
17-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #41

Re: I think the babys may be on the way!!!!! yay

I'm not one to mince my word and won't start now to protect the feelings of people who can't handle the truth.
It seems that all this is about making irresponsible owners feel better, lets just hope that the other 4 owners get theirs neutered before they all have kittens too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
17-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #42

I did let maiseys pregancy continue. She was about 4ish weeks before i realised she was. I only let her continue with it because we had too have our simon pts and couldnt bear to put her under to have a termination at the time. I still have her babies and one of the boys is getting neutered tomorrow. I have no transport so when my neighbours get back off holiday the other 3 will be done at the same time within 3wks. Maisey still hasnt been done yet but will be possibly when the kittens are done. In hindsight if Simon hadnt have died i wouldnt have gone on with the pregnancy. I dont regret keeping them at all. Maisey was a stray.

Cats owned: Moggie
17-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #43

Yes I know that it angers people and rightly so. People will continue to come without having researched, but we're all human and not perfect, I'm sure we've all made our fair share of mistakes, some make ones that are sadly detrimental to animals and people, I am not pointing a finger at anyone, its meant as a reminder that we’re not perfect. I've always believed that two wrongs don't make it right. Bullying someone or just being plain rude does nothing to help and I do believe that you all mean well and it comes from your heart. I just ask you to take a step back and think about what you’re saying and how you’re treating people and whether it is really helping your cause.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
17-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #44

I was so lucky with Maisey she was a brilliant mum. She never left them let us look at them and wasnt even bothered about the other cats. She was still feeding them on and off till about 12wks. Other people might not be so lucky. There are lots of cats/kittens in rescue due to no fault of there own. I have been critisized on here myself but i always need help in some shape or form thats why i come back. The daddy of the kittens sat on our patio the other night from around 12am till 2am and would go he fell asleep he came back the next day and all my neutered boys where outside and the youngest hissed at him and he hasnt been back since. He is the cause in my area of nearly all the unwanted kittens. I do speak to the owners but one of them thinks it cruel to neuter males. I would pay for it myself if he could be done. Everybody needs help wether you agree with why they need help if they didnt they wouldnt help

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white , and a torty/ta
17-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #45

how dare you take the high horse borderdawn!!!!! do you know what you are a pompas git!!!! AND I DO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY ANIMALS she was in at the vets to get spayed when she escaped, we too her to see the vets anyway and decided we wanted to keep the kittens as we could find good homes for them. i dont agree in abortion and as she was pregnant and i was not going to put her through a huge operation!!!!!
now if none of you have any support or advice for me then just dont bother comenting!!!!!!!! i bet all of you have made bigger mistakes than me and I THINK I HAVE DONE THE VERY BEST FOR MY CAT!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmz
how dare you take the high horse borderdawn!!!!! do you know what you are a pompas git!!!! AND I DO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY ANIMALS she was in at the vets to get spayed when she escaped, we too her to see the vets anyway and decided we wanted to keep the kittens as we could find good homes for them. i dont agree in abortion and as she was pregnant and i was not going to put her through a huge operation!!!!!
now if none of you have any support or advice for me then just dont bother comenting!!!!!!!! i bet all of you have made bigger mistakes than me and I THINK I HAVE DONE THE VERY BEST FOR MY CAT!!!
Emmz, members here have been trying to offer you advice and it won't help if you throw it back in their face.

What did I get for taking the trouble to find a helpful link for you, then asked you if you had read it when you still asked what to do ........ you reported me!
If you need advice, you must be prepared to accept it even if it is in a link. Not many members here have had the experience of the birth of unplanned litters so were unable to give you "hands on" advice".

I'm pleased that mother and kittens are ok but may I suggest you take them to your vet to be checked over in the very near future, I think you'll find that is normal procedure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
17-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmz
In your opinion of course, you have done the best for your Cat, unfortunately you havent, you have let her down dreadfully. You have no clue who the father of those kittens are, he is either feral or irresponsibly owned as being neutered would of been the responsible thing to do, as it would of been with your Cat as soon as she returned. There is a reasonable chance that the sire is infected with diseases that could of now infected your Cat and her kittens, and its likely that they will die of some of those diseases if they do have them, I pray they dont, as you are rehoming them all and you wont have to watch the consequences will you?

Whatever you think of me, or everyone else that doesnt agree with irresponsible moggy breeding wont change the FACT this is YOUR problem, you should of taken better care of your Cat, sorry if that offends you, it isnt intended to, its intended as I say it, the truth.

This is interesting:
Quote:
she was in at the vets to get spayed when she escaped,
Implying she escaped from the Vets.

Yet in another post you said:
Quote:
actualy she was booked in to be spayed and the day before the app she got out and stayed out for 5 nights
So you will excuse my tone when you dont appear to get your story the same in two posts!

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Emmz, members here have been trying to offer you advice and it won't help if you throw it back in their face.

What did I get for taking the trouble to find a helpful link for you, then asked you if you had read it when you still asked what to do ........ you reported me!
If you need advice, you must be prepared to accept it even if it is in a link. Not many members here have had the experience of the birth of unplanned litters so were unable to give you "hands on" advice".

I'm pleased that mother and kittens are ok but may I suggest you take them to your vet to be checked over in the very near future, I think you'll find that is normal procedure.
She reported you? Seriously?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #49

It seems the Op does not like to take advice which is what we have been offering.....
I think if she and others had seen some of the poor cats and kittens a lot of us have had to deal with they would maybe realise how we feel about it...

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #50

I admit Im less than diplomatic sometimes, but the way this OP has been talking just made me livid! Things like "yay" in the topic heading, when this should NEVER of happened! Poor poor Cats, I feel very sorry for them.

Closed Thread