Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #41

Re: Eva unwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
This isn't the first time they have "followed" each other is it? Makes you think it's a bug of some sort. Will you let your vet have a sample from Bernie too?
I will mention it to Andrew, will wait and see what results I get from Eva's sample before sending one off for Bernie as it costs £50 a pop for what may come back as inconclusive. Should that be the case i may be better having them blood tested. Will discuss it with Andrew next week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #42

Oh dear, poor Bernie. Glad Eva's a bit better....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
10-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #43

Oh bless Bernie, sounds like a bug he's caught from Eva then? Glad she is feeling better though, least chances are it's the same problem with Bernie. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #44

Do you think its a bug they both carry that is harmless to them when they are "on form" and when under the weather up it pops....

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Oh bless Bernie, sounds like a bug he's caught from Eva then? Glad she is feeling better though, least chances are it's the same problem with Bernie. x
Certainly seems that way and thats what happened the last time too. Pleased to report that both seem to be better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Do you think its a bug they both carry that is harmless to them when they are "on form" and when under the weather up it pops....
Must be something like that, I am only guessing though. Will have to see if the stool sample shows anything. Failing that we would be looking into having bloods done.

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #46

Here's a thought, dont know why I didnt think of this before but do you think it's possible that I have maybe taken the bug home from Benji? Or vice versa?
Both he and Eva became ill last weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #47

Disquieting thought, Elaine; I have no idea if dogs and cats can share diseases. Hope it's not so ......

Catsey Veteran

18-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #48

Sorry, forgot to update this. Andrew said it is highly unlikely that I passed on any bug from Benji to my cats.
Feacal sample hasnt shown anything but that doesnt mean that there is nothing, if you know what I mean. The next step would be to do bloods but I am a little reluctant coz it would mean having to have her knocked out.
We have decided just to wait a while and see how she goes.
So far she is just fine again although back to pooping on the floor . May give Reiki Bob a call, maybe a few more sessions and she'll relax a little more and use the tray again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #49

D'you know Elaine, I was beginning to come to the same conclusion? I've had a dodgy tummy for a week or so - nothing dramatic . . . just 'not quite right' and today poor Balie has had the most awful trots He's obviously hungry because he's currently wolfing down the boiled chicken but I was thinking that maybe whatever bug I've had has crossed species and is causing him a problem. Not really sure how plausible that is . . .

Catsey Veteran

18-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #50

Aparently so Yola.
http://www.2ndchance.info/zoonoses.htm
Well certainly with things such as worms, camphylabactor and such like.