Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
06-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #41

Re: Daily Hay

So sorry to hear about the bunnies. It is very difficult to hand rear anay animal and the smaller they are the harder they are. I have had to hand rear cat kittens and have also lost some. It is so easy to get the milk on their lungs and once this happens it just lays there and poisions their system. You gave them the best chance you could possibly have done, be proud of that.

R.I.P little ones.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #42

Thank you for the kind words everyone.
Still very upset about it. i kow it was my fault they died, so ahve to live with that now.

other litter are doing well, two weeks old today. growing big.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
Thank you for the kind words everyone.
Still very upset about it. i kow it was my fault they died, so ahve to live with that now.

other litter are doing well, two weeks old today. growing big.
Stop beating yourself up CJ...It wasn't your fault! These things happen and the odds were stacked against you Well done for trying and give yourself a big pat on the back for caring and trying CJ x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-02-2006, 10:02 PM   #44

Sorry to hear about the baby bunnies CJ.
But don't blame yourself, those tiny little babies needed their mommy - she was unable to rear them, so you had to step in, you did above & beyond what most people would / could do - but it was not meant to be. please don't blame yourself.

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #45

I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED......

i went to put holly abck into her hutch tonight, she ran up the ramp as usual, i hooked it up so shut for the night, and was thinking to myself, "blimey she moved a lot of bedding out of the hutch onto the floor" when two little heads popped up to say hi!
Two out of the three babies had gone down into the run. I wasnt sure what to do so picked them up and real quickly put them back with mommmy. She sniffed them and then went off to re-arrange the bedroom.

BUT I GOT TO HOLD THEM AT LAST!!!

I'm such a kid lol. Am so pleased, theyre so dinky bless them.
I still feel bad over chelsi, but think I may have found out why she lsot her babies, she getting podgy again, so monday am taking ALL my rabbits to the vets to find out who IS and ISNT pregnant. It's jsut with 4 girls it's a bit hard to get them and the two kids there.
I think the not-so-intellignet person who owned them before I rescued them, has let chelsi get pregnant a second time whilst carrying her first litter, which would result in her loosing the first lot, and could have lost chelsi her life too.

It makes me so mad to think how this last person treated them all, but all i can do is take the best care of them that I can now.
Them having babies is no worry to me, so if all four do not a problem. I'll keep all the babies until I can find good homes for them all.
My auntie wants three babies, my sister in law wants two, her grandfather breeds them and will buy any off me I want him to. My brothers frined wants one......

anyway back to the babies we have, they are way cute. now theyre out and about i will try and get some photos of them tomorrow.
put a tiny tub of water in there for them and some hay, as theyre almost three weeks old.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #46

Sorry to hear about the other little ones, you did your best.

It must have been wonderful to see the older bunnies about. Can just imagine you standing there grinning like a cheshire cat

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #47

cheshire cat isnt the word. now I know mommy lets me stroke them I'm out there like every few hours making a fuss over them. So adorable, I never seen baby bunnies so young before!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #48

Are you going to keep the baby's CJ???

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #49

yes i am keeping these three, but dont tell hubby , he doesnt know it yet.
not that it's up to him seeing as we arent living together again yet.
i cant part withthem after what happened to the other ones, and besides theyre soooo cute and adorable