Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
08-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #41

Re: cat litter

I use 'Clean Paws' for mine, it is a clumping cat litter, which I find much easier to clean out. Not the cheapest, but a bag lasts ages.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-12-2005, 03:46 AM   #42

thanks Mags i will look out for it

and Fran i will have a look in to asdas website like you said if they charge to much i wont get it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Donna I use the clumping one and after wees you can lift it on the scoop quite easily, therefore not needing to change the litter so often.....

I have been completely converted thanks to Mags!!

Changed to the Catsan clumping litter which is brilliant. No damp patches in the tray and also bought a hooded litter tray!! Much better! No nasty sights!! Chloe ok with the flap but again Misty the dopey one cant use the flap so took it off and made a lightweight version out of some clear plastic - just to keep all those nasty niffs inside!! Taped it onto the top of the tray so works like a normal flap! Just now need to see her use the "flap"!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
19-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #44

mine are old hands at using the cat flat loos now oh dont cut down on the pongs

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
19-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #45

I'm a big fan of Bob Martin's Litter crystals - a wee bit on the pricey side compared with fuller's earth but not much more expensive than CatSan, and wow, it does "what it says on the tin" (unlike other Bob products I'm sorry to say). No pongs and it lasts for ages - easily two weeks per tray, longer in summer when cats go outside. Also seems to stay in the tray better than most litters - and my mob are dreadful for kicking it around, I just can't use the "light" stuff or Catsan micro granules. Highly recommended and available from Tescos as well as pet stores.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
19-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #46

I have just changed to Worlds Best Cat Litter and I think it is fantastic. It is a lot more expensive and as yet is a little bit harder to find but it does last as long as they say. It is made of corn kernel and is bio-degradable so it can just be flushed down the loo. Much better for the binmen!!! I used to use Catsan which is pretty good and also Litter Pearls which are very good but again they are expensive. They do however last a lot longer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
20-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #47

I've just changed Moli's cat litter. I was using Tesco's Premium stuff but went into Pet World and picked up a 20L bag of Bob Martin for about £5 i think it was. This cat litter Moli doesn't seem to flick about as much as the other stuff so I'm happy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
20-12-2005, 06:27 PM   #48

i have just changed to Worlds Best Cat Litter and i do agree its great it clumps every good, i have only had it a few days but i can see already that it will last longer then Catsan