Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #31

Re: Walnut Whip Saturday

Now that's the one place I benefit from having others around - I don't really have the confidence to go away by myself all that often. I occasionally manage it, but... I'm missing a wedding at the end of Aug that I'd have loved to go to, were it not something I needed to arrange to go somewhere new (down south) on my own...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #32

I've never been brave enough to go holidaying on my own! I do rather like sharing those sort of experiences with a friend. I think watching a beautiful sunset on one's own is splendid, but I would rather be able to share it, and the memory, with someone else.

Catsey Veteran

25-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #33

tbh, I think the only times I've gone away by myself Angie, it's been to go and stay with a friend for a few days. Even the only time I've been to stay in a hotel myself it was to meet another friend actually at the hotel, and to spend some time with someone else who actually lived in the area!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #34

Odd, that doesn't bother me at all; I must be more of a loner than I think. Both times I went to New York I had a hotel room, and the same at Cape May; dined out by myself also.

Catsey Veteran

25-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #35

Aaaah! I think it's just that I lack confidence in these things, and would far rather just stay home on my own, rather than go out!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #36

For a person who likes peole I love holidaying alone and not having to "fit in with plans" I love to do things I want to do so maybe thats selfish...........but true.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #37

Kazz has hit on a good point: going by myself I can do what I want when I want; yes, probably selfish but true. What an interesting direction this thread has taken, we are all so different.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #38

Yes, it is interesting. Squirrel got me thinking about holidaying and although as I said I have never actually holidayed alone, I have travelled alone in order to holiday with friends. My first plane trip was on my own to Edinburgh when I went to stay with a friend who was at St. Andrew's uni. (No, not Kate nor Wills!!!) I've also done a coach journey on my own - but both trips were a long while ago.