Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #31

Re: Cat Put In Wheelie Bin...

I really hope you are right Luke - that it's the spur that makes people DO something good for the sake of the animals.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
01-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #32

Shamed cat flinger Mary Bale has been signed off sick from work - with stress sparked by HER antics.
The spinster bank clerk - a global hate figure after she was filmed dumping tabby Lola in a wheelie bin - handed in a doctor's note.
The 45-year-old can rest at home on full pay for the next three weeks.
Lola, meanwhile, is still recovering from her 15-hour ordeal which the RSPCA is investigating.
Her owner, Stephanie Andrews-Mann, 24, said: "I can't believe this woman's claiming sick pay. Lola's the victim here, not Mary Bale. She's still very wary of strangers."
Bale works at the Royal Bank of Scotland in Rugby, Warks. A source said: "She has a doctor's note to say she's not fit to work."
Bale, of Coventry, West Mids, and the bank refused to comment.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...th-stress.html

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
20-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #33

Coventry woman charged over cat bin dumping
A woman from Coventry who was filmed dumping a cat in a wheelie bin has been charged with animal cruelty offences.
Mary Bale, of St Michael's Road, has been charged with causing unnecessary suffering to a cat and of not providing the animal with a suitable environment.
The incident happened in August and the RSPCA said it was taking the 45-year-old to court under the Animal Welfare Act of 2006.
She is due to appear before Coventry Magistrates Court on 19 October.
The RSPCA said it had served Ms Bale with a court summons on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11375080

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #34

Ah, excellent news, thanks for the update! Hopefully, justice will prevail. Personally, I think the best sentence would be to put her in a dumpster (she's to big to fit in a wheelie), preferably a dirty one, for 15 hours!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #35

Good! But unfortunately all she'll get will be a fine and some community service.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #36

I know, Alex, but one can but dream ...... ( "let the punishment fit the crime")

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #37

Because she's been summoned to a magistrate's hearing it will more than likely be a 'telling off' rather than any other kind of sentence.

However, I think the fact that some action has been taken AND this woman has been splashed all over the internet that maybe, just maybe others will be discouraged from doing similar.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #38

At least she will have to go to court. I rather suspect that will scare her. Only cowards behave like that towards those weaker than themselves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #39

I think this women will pay dearly for what she's done. Even if the courts just fine her or something she will live in fear of reprisals (sp) from the public.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
21-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #40

I was as shocked and disgusted as everybody else on here at this "woman s" treatment of poor Lola - despicable loathesome spectacle that she is. I hope she is treated with disdain by people in future - personally a six month prison sentence would be my justice but its not to be, we all know that.

On a lighter note - I had to smile at Paul O Grady s show a week last Friday - he bought a look alike Mary (I think that was her name?) on and "introduced" her to a booing audience. Then telling everyone they should forgive her he put her in a large cage with a prowling lion in - then cut to an ad break. After the break he went to look how "Mary" was and said Oh dear ... there s nothing left. Oh well (or words to that effect) then produced a cheque from his own account, he said for the poor little pussy cats, to a local cats home where she lived, £5000 I think it was for. Very funny and I wish there were more people like Paul O Grady where animals are concerned!!

jan x