Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #31

Re: Is yours up yet?

Tink what you want to do is get a Christmas hat and take a "delayed picture and say ....look it was up last year.......but of course telling fibs at Christmas means less prezzies....so you decide....

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I think you've just described my dream house there. If you find it can I move in too?

My Grandad's house had a half-glazed door between the front door and the rest of the hallway. It had stained glass in it and I especially remember a blue and white bit that had a deeply incised star shape in it- lovely!

(I haven't thought of that house very often since I was last in it over 30 years ago now, wonder if it still has that door?)
Yes you can move in ......no problem. The door you describe is whats in my dream and now I think of it my grandparents house had the same door...only red and white and the shape was a diamond in it...it glinted and made you feel safe when you looked at it.....I wonder if my dream house is back to that....

Oh yes Eileen I would have to have a open fire in one room. I adore open fires...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #33

The door at my Grandma's house had stained glass at the top; cannot remember exactly what it was ,,, I was 11 when I last saw it, and there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then ... but I just remember it was vcry beautiful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #34

Hehehe..he DOES have a bad memory and I am probably the only one buying Christmas prezzies so what does it matter if I fib?
I always tease him when he's old and more senile I'll be saying "You wanted to turn our house into a ferret and cat sanctuary...remember??"

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #35

Oh and here are our modest decorations

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #36

They're very pretty Tink! I'm one who usually goes for the 'less is more' approach and I like the simplicity of your display.

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #37

Thanks!
The tree and lights included were free off craigslist and the wreath was $10 at Target hehehe...You can't tell in the pic but there are little gifts that are all glittery on the wreath. Budget or not, we WILL have Christmas this year!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #38

Very, very pretty Tink...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #39

Lovely tree, and a very nice wreath ...that was a bargain! Looking very festive!

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #40

Very very nice andI am with Yola less is more....sadly my hands don't agree and I keep adding then a little more before I know it I am under siege....Happy Christmas