Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
14-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #31

Re: RSPCA Kill Pet Cat

My India only has one tooth, does that make her a target for an idiot from the RSPCA?

I stopped supporting them many years ago because I heard so many negative reports, and experienced one myself when I called them for an injured swan but it was the weekend and they weren't working .

My friend called them for a dog she found injured and dying by the roadside - the reply was Well if it dies the refuse collectors will take it when they are round next. She called her own vet to put it down and take it away.

I am so sorry for all the sick, lost and injured animals but cannot bring myself to support the RSPCA,I prefer to donate to the specific Animal Trusts and the local rescues
Logoes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #32

This is disgusting, poor cat and poor owners. I'm afraid I lost my faith in the RSPCA some time ago and cancelled my monthly donation to them.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
14-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #33

That is just awful. I too have heard negative stories about the RSPCA, though more along the line of them not being willing to come out, than anything as horrible as this.

However, I have adopted 3 cats from them. I suppose the main reason for this is that I wanted to adopt unwanted animals (rather than buy from someone) and there just happens to be a large RSPCA cattery very close to me. Much as this story would put me off supporting them in any other way, I feel I would still adopt from them as the cats in the cattery still deserve a good home.

They really do need to look at their procedures and ongoing training though, because this story is just heartbreaking.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
14-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #34

What an awful story and poor little Mork RIP little man

Lets home at some stage that horrible man from the RSPCA gets his comeuppance

Sarah
x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
15-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #35

This is why I will NEVER support the RSPCA...please also see more here CLICKY HERE
...also this sad story of a german shepherd.... WARNING about the images on page 2/3
CLICKY HERE
this from the liverpool echo in 2001
OWNER UPSET OVER DOG'S DEATH
A much loved family pet was put down by the RSPCA after it it had been registered missing by its owners.
Sue Carroll, a florist, from Walton, said she was devastated at the death of her golden cocker spaniel, Pluto.
"We put adverts in the ECHO and all the weekly papers, " said Sue. "We put street posters up and went up to the dogs' home in Halewood to see if he had turned up.
"He wasn't there but his details were logged by one of the girls there."
On Bonfire Night there was a breakthrough when one of Sue's neighbours said she thought she had seen Pluto in the RSPCA dogs' home. She said:
"We went up there and were told they had put him down seven days before. I couldn't believe it; they had all of Pluto's details and yet nobody thought to check whether it was my dog. "I've cried and cried over this but I just want to warn other people who have lost their animals that this might happen to them."
John Smallwood, secretary administrator for RSPCA Liverpool said: "The dog was reported missing in August but we do receive on average 50 calls a day from people reporting stray dogs. "The dog was handed in as a stray on October 23. It was not in good health and was around eight years old.
We had not been contacted by the owners since August and the dog did not have a name tag, tattoo or a microchip to identify it.
We put the dog to sleep after seven days in accordance with the law. "The Liverpool RSPCA receives over 4,000 strays a year and unfortunately we do not have the space to house them all indefinitely.
The RSPCA representative says "We put the dog to sleep after seven days in accordance with the law"
How are you reading that????? Do you read it that the law says the dog MUST be put down after seven days?!! The law says nothing of the kind they could have kept the dog alive until their £ 140.000000 had run out had they been so minded!!
AND ANOTHER...
An elderly couple were left distraught after the RSPCA put down their beloved alsatian dog by mistake.
Seven-year-old Shantae was given a lethal injection by the Godshill animal centre manager after a tragic misunderstandin
Heartbroken Norma Knight and her husband, Norman, both 73, of Allotment Road, Niton, said the manager did not make them sign a consent form, part of the RSPCA's standard procedure.
The RSPCA said it deeply regrets the incident and the Godshill centre is undergoing a fundamental review of its policies.
The couple called in the RSPCA to take a look at Shantae when she developed mild diarrhoea and stiffness in her back legs. They decided to call the charity to examine the animal when they found they could not afford vet's bills.
When the RSPCA worker arrived, Mr Knight held Shantae while the RSPCA officer administered the injection. A tearful Mrs Knight said: "He held on to the dog because she was a big alsatian and he wanted to help out. He thought the injection was to calm her down before they began examining her." Mr Knight asked when the woman from the RSPCA and her assistant were going to examine their pet. The woman then dropped the bombshell news that their dog would not wake up.
"We did not sign for this. The woman has destroyed our family. Norman is terribly distraught," said Mrs Knight. RSPCA bosses visited the Knights last week to try and find out how the error had occurred. Meanwhile, Mr and Mrs Knight have had their beloved pet cremated and keep her ashes as a reminder of the happy times they spent together.

There was another time when they picked up a shelled animal... mis-identified it as a turtle, and consequently drowned a rather nice tortoise that had got out of someones garden, by "housing" it in a tank of water.....it beggars belief the list goes on and on....

Sign the Petition NOW! CLICKY HERE PLEASE PASS IT ON.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #36

Signed!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
15-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #37

Signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #38

Shocking and disgusting - in both cases Maybe Her Maj, having her moniker on the RSPCA (so to speak) should have something to say about this . . . after all, if it's a Royal Society surely they should have this revoked for such apalling and irresponsible behaviour?

Maybe a note to Buck House Admin should be considered?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
15-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #39

I have signed too

SAlly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #40

signed !!!!!!