Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: cross breed
06-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #31

Re: Ginger females have you met one?

My sister had a ginger female cat she thought it was a male until she took it to her vets for castration she was long haired and gorgeous
I have also heard (when i was a member of the CPL)of a MALE tortie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstone
My sister had a ginger female cat she thought it was a male until she took it to her vets for castration she was long haired and gorgeous
I have also heard (when i was a member of the CPL)of a MALE tortie
Rare, but they do exist and are almost 100% sterile.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
07-07-2009, 05:00 AM   #33

Had Bella who was ginger and white, have known a few solid gingers..hear of my grandparents having one, Helen as in Shapiro, many moons ago who apparently had 65 kittens respectfully in her lifetime (in the days when cats weren't "done").
Same grandparents also had a tortie and white, quite strongly marked too, tom cat named Puzzle who wasn't "seen to" till nearing his geriactic days, and he sired kittens! As at the time they had a persian who was strictly a housecat, they took her on from one of my aunts as an adult, she came into heat..and Puzzle managed to puzzle her in his own way it seemed He was still going when I was very small, though not quite fully male in those days. He's the only tortie tom i've ever heard of fathering young though.

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Had Bella who was ginger and white, have known a few solid gingers..hear of my grandparents having one, Helen as in Shapiro, many moons ago who apparently had 65 kittens respectfully in her lifetime (in the days when cats weren't "done").
Same grandparents also had a tortie and white, quite strongly marked too, tom cat named Puzzle who wasn't "seen to" till nearing his geriactic days, and he sired kittens! As at the time they had a persian who was strictly a housecat, they took her on from one of my aunts as an adult, she came into heat..and Puzzle managed to puzzle her in his own way it seemed He was still going when I was very small, though not quite fully male in those days. He's the only tortie tom i've ever heard of fathering young though.

Wow! One for the books, Luke!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #35

Our little Candy is ginger, except for white toes. She is veru feminine looking, but a little thug. She beats up everybody else and needs to be sedated for any tests, in fact we had to put her in a crush cage when we first got her vaccinations as she would rip your hand off. We got her at the age of 10, so I hate to imagine what kind of kitten she was.

I think it is pure torties that are rare as males and pure ginger females are rare- if they have white it is less uncommon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
08-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #36

I've known a female ginger in the rescue

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #37

Out of the 4 ginger cats we have in my local Cats Protection, one is female. So yes, I have met one, in fact it was yesterday.

We have had ginger females before then, but never had a tortie (or indeed tortie and white) male. We have a fair few torties at the moment, but they are all female!

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #38

here is Candy.

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #39

She's a sweetie, but she has white feet!

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #40

I did say she had white toes, and a terrible temper, a true red head.