Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
13-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #31

Re: Alex....

Glad you have a diagnosis.

My vet said that they couldn't be certain about IBS/IBD in Tilly unuless they did a biopsy but they were 99% sure. She is doing very well on her bland diet and the d/d and hasn't been sick again. So Teddie should be OK as well.

Sally

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
13-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #32

Hi Alex.. I am so glad things are going well for Teddie and it seems you have Landed on your feet with your new vet.

Hope things continue to get better...

Luv XX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #33

Hi Alex,

I'm SO pleased to hear that this new vet is interested in Teddie and helping you to solve the problem, or understand what it is at least.

Keep us posted on her progress as always. I would say that if she's running around like a loony, she's on the road to recovery!!! lol

Lots of love and hugs to you both.

xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #34

Hi Charlie, thanks! Nice to see you back! Is it possible for a cat to be in call but not 'call' if you know what I mean?? I definitely think Teddie is in call as she is being hyper affectionate and of course Broxi is running around after her trying to do the business, lol! But she's not actually making any noise! Confused here!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #35

She could be just starting to come into call and perhaps Broxi can tell before Teddie herself can actually tell!!! If you remember with Lily she wasn't actually calling when William came in the house, but he must have know that it was coming before either Lily or I did. Perhaps it's the same with your Teddie Bear??

She'll probably start to make more noise and get more affectionate in the next day or so............... enjoy!!!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #36

I suspect Charlie's right and that Broxi can sense hormonal signs...scent, probably. I only had one cat go into heat before she was spayed (Misty), and boy was she loud for a moggy! I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a Siamese queen calling... ! Maybe Persians are quieter,,,Yola?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Hi Charlie, thanks! Nice to see you back! Is it possible for a cat to be in call but not 'call' if you know what I mean?? I definitely think Teddie is in call as she is being hyper affectionate and of course Broxi is running around after her trying to do the business, lol! But she's not actually making any noise! Confused here!!!

it is actually possible for queens to have 'silent' cals Alex. Usually they display other signs of being in call but don't make the usual noises Is she rolling about the floor and cleaning her private bits and pieces more than usual?

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #38

She's definitely cleaning herself more, and when you sit down beside her, she's throwing herself on to her side and presenting her tummy for tickling. Also when you stroke her back, she is going flat to the floor!! I know that they can come in to call every 3 weeks, but how long does each call last for?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
She's definitely cleaning herself more, and when you sit down beside her, she's throwing herself on to her side and presenting her tummy for tickling. Also when you stroke her back, she is going flat to the floor!! I know that they can come in to call every 3 weeks, but how long does each call last for?
It varys queen to queen Alex, it can last from a couple of days up until a week. Some queens can call every two to three weeks and some can go much longer between calls. It may just be the start of her coming into call, you'll most likely get confirmation that she's in call at 3am in the morning

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #40

oh joy!!! Roll on the spaying date!