Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #31

Re: Cats Protection Volunteers

A complaint did go in but nothing has come of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #32

Typical!!!!!
Our branch is quite small, and most of us get on really well, although we do have a couple of pains in the ***!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
22-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
A complaint did go in but nothing has come of it.
If you complained to the local branch, I would write to the HQ. I am sure someone here could give you the contact details if you do not already have it.

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #34

I am sure the complaint DID go the HQ.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
22-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #35

If it did go to HQ then it is disappointed that it has not been taken up. I am not sure what you can do, other than directly addressing it to Peter Hepburn.

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #36

I'll pass that onto my friend, thankyou.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #37

Thankfully most of our branch gets on alright with each other, but we have had one or two cause probs in the past, and it doesn't make for nice relations at all. My personal bugbear, is the interpretation of the CP guidlines!! I really wish headoffice would once and for all come out with a list of do's and don'ts. Instead of individual branches reading it their own way. ie, some rehome kittens to young families, others won't rehome if under 5's live there, some won't rehome beside a busy road, even if it's an indoor cat only. it drives me potty!!!

Catsey Veteran

23-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Thankfully most of our branch gets on alright with each other, but we have had one or two cause probs in the past, and it doesn't make for nice relations at all. My personal bugbear, is the interpretation of the CP guidlines!! I really wish headoffice would once and for all come out with a list of do's and don'ts. Instead of individual branches reading it their own way. ie, some rehome kittens to young families, others won't rehome if under 5's live there, some won't rehome beside a busy road, even if it's an indoor cat only. it drives me potty!!!
I would agree with that too Alex. Some interpretations are just ludicrous. As I said before, each potential home should be judged on its own merit, common sense and responsibility.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
23-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #39

Just to say I fostered and did trapping, fund raising - we still put about £2000 in to our old branch of CP but when we moved despite nice noises the CP here just didn't want to know

Having never even bothered to come to our home to see our set up and meet the mob - mainly ferals but some nice ones to and even a rescue raggie live here with us - we have a large house and grounds

We still do some local trapping and I neuter, inject and ID chip everything I trap - so far 8 this year and release back outside as most are worse then my own dodgy ferals

My outside mob eat the same as my own cats and have heatpads in the winter so no discrimination here!

I will say when I fostered we also covered all vets fees, food and litter and our last branch nearly went in to mourning when we moved - I am still active for them and do a charity sponsered walk for them every year - we do 300 miles in the day for that privilage and they get the monies previously mentioned donated every year its so nice to know that our local branches can forgo that money in todays financial climate

We also were paid to foster under our employers charity schemes so our last branch still get some of that to as I have 3 older ferals we took on last year - we have done all the good stuff for them dentals injections etc and all now live in our bedroom - their colony was posioned and we aere their last hope

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #40

I carry out PR and marketing for my branch here in Reading; would do more but time just does't permit. It's now a very friendly and on the whole cohesive team, but when I first joined it was run by a bit of a power-crazed woman who picked on me at the wrong time (I was pregnant with my first son; hormonal and had been a bit unwell) and got a strongly-worded resignation letter which was circulated to all comittee members.

She subsequently was forced to resign (it was a very delicate operation which was masterminded with precision and timing) and the branch was taken over by the current coordinator who is a real go-getter and has transformed things hugely. She's great to work with and really engenders team spirit.