Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #31

Re: Glasses

Donna, there used to be a stigma about wearing glasses years ago but in today's world they are just accepted as normal. I'm sure you will look lovely in yours ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #32

Its just a confidence thing, I know.... just that I dont have any

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #33

Might work wonders for you Donna - a whole new you, and one who can see really well.
Be positive - it'll be much better for you. Bet they'll look really smart ...... and just look around and see how many people (attractive and not so) wear glasses. Lots and lots.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #34

Is there really still a bit of stigma about wearing glasses? I've worn them since I was six, and there was a lot of "four eyes" teasing going on in school, but good Lord that was back in the Dark Ages!!! Practically everyone I know wears them! Donna, you'll look just fine, and it will be great to see clearly again! How about a pic when you get them?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #35

I don't think there is a stigma anymore Eileen , the amount of people who wear them nowadays, it's almost like a fashion thing...

Donna, I bet you never thought you'd see David Beckham wearing glasses but he looks quite dishy in his!

Catsey Veteran

12-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #36

Hmmm a pic!! Well not so sure about that!!! Will see how it all goes DM....

I feel good about losing the weight again, and I have a great new hairstyle that I love... so if I feel ok once I have the glasses then maybe I might post a pic... just maybe....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #37

It's funny how styles in glasses change, just like clothes! I posted a pic of myself yesterday taken in the late 80s or early 90s, and the glasses I was wearing...huge old things with tortoiseshell rims...look so horrible now, but they were very "in" back then...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #38

I've worn glasses since I was fourteen although I did wear CL for a good few years. There is deffo no stigma attached to glasses these days in fact my Em would rather like a pair as a fashion accessory!!!

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #39

Got the glasses...

Hate them - feel like a freak!!!

Not wearing them.

Will have to go back and ask about contact lenses or not bother at all. Dont make much difference to my vision when I put them on anyway so cant see that my eyesight is that bad and the varifocal thing makes everything move around the room.

Can see better without them!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #40

Sorry to hear that Donna. I know what you mean though, I really don't like wearing mine at all. The varifocals are odd too, OH has them and it took him a long time to get used to the strange sensation you get when looking through them.

I would recommend CLs . . . discreet, easy to use (especially the daily disposables) . . . I took to them like a duck to water and I'm the most squeamish person ever about eyes. Most opticians will give you a trial with them.