Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #31

Re: yow-ing

Yes, what's the word today? (Prays fervently for a hairball...)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #32

I'm waiting for the vet to phone back.

Beauty's having to stay in overnight, but to be honest it's not looking good.

Hairballs are ruled out, it could be a swollen lymph thing (or however it's spelt) but the vet doesn't seem to think it is that.

Which leaves the worst case scenario. The C word.

She could have surgery, but she's in pain and her arthritis has really hindered her lately, so we'll probably do the kinder thing (pts)

Probably the best thing to do for her. What do you all think? (Bear in mind she's in pain and I'm not sure if she's still vomiting) She's eaen a little bit today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #33

I am so sorry to hear this - my heart goes out to you. I'd wait until you get a more concrete diagnosis from your vet, but if Beauty is in pain as you think she is, then I am afraid that to pts is absolutely the kindest thing to do for her. ****HUGS****

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I am so sorry to hear this - my heart goes out to you. I'd wait until you get a more concrete diagnosis from your vet, but if Beauty is in pain as you think she is, then I am afraid that to pts is absolutely the kindest thing to do for her. ****HUGS****
I've posted a poll about it in debates.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #35

So very sorry to read this about Beauty, I trully am. I think the best thing to do is to wait and see what the vet has to say and let them guide you.
Thinking of you both xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #36

There's always the possibility that Beauty will recover from this so don't give up hope. Be guided by the vets, they see a lot of sick animals who regain their health. Hoping and praying for a good outcome for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #37

Prayers for a better outcome here also; wait till you've talked to the vets and weighed all the options ........ but if she really is in pain and inoperable then there's only one thing to do...the hardest decision ....(((hugs))), hon!

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #38

There's good news and bad news. I'll post the bad news first then the good I think.

***Bad News***

The bad news is that Beauty has now got kidney problems (mild at the moment, the vet's advised we start her on special food for her kidneys - he's getting some in for her)

***Good News***

The good news is the lump he found is a solidified mixture of brown, smelly stuff that should be in the litter tray and hair. He's managed to get it out of her, and apparently she was very good when she was there!

She stayed there last night.

By the way sorry about the poll, I was so upset I wasn't really thinking straight. What I meant was I wanted everyone's thoughts about the best course of action.

Her arthritis has been bothering her as well, the other night she had real trouble getting up the stairs!

Beauty's got to go to the vets in a weeks time, so I'll have a word with him then to see if there's anything he can do for her arthritis.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #39

Dont' worry about the poll - we understood really what you meant and that you were understandably upset and probably suffering from shock too.

All things considered, that really is good news. The lump has been disposed of and you will have to get more info about what sort of kidney problems Beauty has before knowing how to take the treatment forward. If your vet is hoping that a special diet might help, then that's good news. Look forward to hearing what he has to say about her arthritis.

I assume you have Beauty home with you now? Take lots of care of each other - ***HUGS*** to you both.

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Dont' worry about the poll - we understood really what you meant and that you were understandably upset and probably suffering from shock too.

All things considered, that really is good news. The lump has been disposed of and you will have to get more info about what sort of kidney problems Beauty has before knowing how to take the treatment forward. If your vet is hoping that a special diet might help, then that's good news. Look forward to hearing what he has to say about her arthritis.

I assume you have Beauty home with you now? Take lots of care of each other - ***HUGS*** to you both.
Yes Beauty's home now (and avoiding the room she was in when we caught her to take her to the vets)

She's hiding upstairs at the moment (her arthritis probably hindered her again - waiting till I see the vet again with her to see if there's anything he can do for her)