Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
27-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #21

Re: More advice please re Max

Hi Jan I am glad to hear from you I was wondering how you had gone on with Max today, so glad he seemed a bit better earlier on, do you think he might have been abit tired tonight when he had a little tumble.
As to the reiki healing I take it that it is a good thing when you can feel alot of heat not quite up on things like that, and if you can keep doing that for him will it help him, I hope it will .

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Balinese & 9 others
27-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #22

keeping fingers crossed for you

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
27-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #23

Bronte sis - Sooty was a very good age. Max is now the oldest cat I have had by a few months and it shows how well cared for our pets are. I am so sorry to hear how he went down hill and I absolutely agree that when an animal is suffering you have to put your own feeling s aside and think of the animals welfare, it is the last kind thing you can do for them. I have had to do that with two of my beloved puss cats, both had cancer and one, Fliss, 16, had to be rescuscitated in the five minuite journey to the vets as she was within a minuite of dying only for me to have to decide she had to be put to sleep as she had suspected lung cancer, kidney disease and thyroid problems. She had to be very poorly indeed to have nearly drowned in her own saliva in a few minuites, out of fear I expect at being in the car. Broke my heart. Also my lovely Smudge, 13, who stopped eating, lay looking at me with eyes saying let me out to die, he was such an outdoor cat always, who I also had to have put to sleep as the vet said he had a huge growth in his tummy. I will never forget his big green eyes looking at me as I said goodbye. The vet told me I could take him home a bit longer, I asked how long, two days she said, he wont last any longer. How could I have been so selfish? of course I said no. He was suffering. At the moment I feel Max is happy enough, he loves his food, he sleeps a lot as he always does, its just this balance thing. I wont let him be in any pain - I love him too much. He s just had a lovely fuss with me, now he s cuddled up with Tess by the fire. Sorry for the long post and so very sorry about sooty. What a lovely name! Jan x

Catsey Senior

27-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #24

Hello Leesy,
yes Reiki is hands on Healing (literally) I went to a course with a reiki master who has to attune you (it all sounds very complicated but it isnt really, it only takes a few minuites but it opens your energy s up to the universes healing energy). The universal energy uses your body as a tool and using your hands the energy flows to the person requiring the treatment. It can even help plants and other objects apart from people and animals. Several of my friends have called me a witch when I have demonstrated on them for the sheer heat and pressure they felt even though I choose not to actually touch directly but to have my hands about an inch or two away from their skin. Hope that helps you understand a bit more without sounding like I am a crank! Jan x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Balinese & 9 others
27-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #25

Thanks, he was a stray cat found by a friend who brought him to me, he went straight up to our dog at the time Sally (she was pts at 16 when she developed a spinal disease and lost control of her back end) and rubbed all around her, we were amazed and took him in, he was such a gentle cat and loved to cuddle, I buried him with Sally as they were the best of friends. As I said before you will know in your heart when it's time, until then enjoy every moment.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #26

My husband always says he thinks that he has got healing hands, and I must admit if I have tummy ache at the time of the month and he puts his hands on my tummy it really does feel better, do you think he would make a good candidate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #27

Hi Jan, I am a reiki convert after having one my cats undergo 6 months of therapy for stress. The difference in her is amazing and has pretty much resolved a long standing issue of middening, which i didnt expect.
I hope it goes a long way to helping your dear kitty. Can I just add that you are your cats best advocate as to how he is doing within himself, I beleive the key words are quality over quantity.
Thinking of you both and sending all my love xxx

Catsey Senior

27-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #28

Hi there Leesy,
maybe you should enrol your hubby on a reiki course - some people have the gift whether they know it or not! What a sad but lovely story about Sooty and Sally - the thing I love about animals is there s no pretence, just love and trust unless they have been badly treated. And Elaine, very true - I, like all of you, try very hard to make my cats (and all animals I have had) lives happy and comfortable. They are part of my family as much as my grown up children and friends, and I am looking after and out for Max as much as I possibly can, (so s my son!) - it reminds me of watching my two when they were toddlers lol. He s still wobbly but there s a definite improvement to his balance - tho there s still a heckuva room for more improvement. Will try the reiki again later, he s still stuffing his face in the other room! Jan x

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #29

Sooooo glad that you can see definate improvment in Max, thats good news so keep up the good work which I know that you will

Catsey Senior

07-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #30

Hi all,
sorry I havent posted for a while but have had family problems and its been a very stressful week. Thankfully things are looking up (my 2 year old grandson has cerebral palsy and was rushed to hospital sunday night and he is still in but improving) so have a bit of time and energy to be online again. Thanks to Leesy for contacting me. Max is slowly improving so I am taking things one day at a time - he is still a bit wobbly at times but the difference in ten days is remarkable. As his eyes are still different sized pupils I sense there s something going on there but will just continue to keep my eye on him and spoil him as normal! He could eat for England, I think he eats more than my other three together. Must give him another reiki treatment once I get my energy back lol. Jan x