Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #21

Re: Killed a cat tonight

So sorry to read this Kazz.

My mum killed one on the road last year and she was absolutely devestated for weeks. It never had a tag on it's collar so at least you have the closure of knowing you did the right thing by owning up and being able to return the wee thing to it's owners. My mum's ex (long since dumped, he was a horrid man at times) drove out, picked it up and put it in a bin on the side of the street! He had no empathy at all. 'Don't worry, it's just a cat' was his attitude to the whole situation. I put an add in the paper and the newsagents in the lost and found, but was never contacted.

I wish that when I lost Nipper, the person would have had the decency to do as you have Kazz, but they just left her on the side of the road for all to see, upset a lot of the locals before I was even informed. Had to collect her myself, not something i'll ever get over but would have made it so much easier to cope with if the person had told me when it happened at least. I'd have known at least that she died instantly and wasn't left suffering. It was very kind of you to wrap him up and take him over to them, that will have helped a lot for sure. Must have been very hard for you but well done.

R.I.P Oliver. x

Hope you are ok Kazz. x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
09-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #22

The same thing has happened to me two dogs and one cat..the dogs were being walked by there owners not on a lead...they just walked out on the road in front of me...it makes me so mad when I see people walking there dogs with no lead..they dont seem to realize that it also upsets car drivers when they run over an animal...the cat also ran under the car..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #23

My Archie was killed on a road he was under 1 and it was right outside my flat, I always kinda blamed myself because when I got home from work I used to put his fish on to cook - he had steamed coley ususally. (see spoiling them back then) and I called him for his tea, he was running towards the flat but it was a really really quiet road but still he went under a car. The chap and his wife did stop but I agree picking your catup from the road is not a nice thing to do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
09-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #24

Aww that's awful, If I ran over a cat I wouldn't know what to do! I wouldn't have the guts to look at the damage, id have to ask someone else to go and look (then id contact the owner)
I have been in a car while knocking a cat down but I was about 7, I was in hysterics crying, we stopped but the cat had died... That memory still hasn't gone away.

R.I.P Oliver.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey83
Aww that's awful, If I ran over a cat I wouldn't know what to do! I wouldn't have the guts to look at the damage, id have to ask someone else to go and look (then id contact the owner)
I have been in a car while knocking a cat down but I was about 7, I was in hysterics crying, we stopped but the cat had died... That memory still hasn't gone away.

R.I.P Oliver.

I know I feel the same and did but I could not waste time worrying when the cat could have been hurt and needing help.

I popped the card into them and they had a card for me saying "Thank you for your kindness" I asked how they knew I would be back with a card they said "its what they would do" I am touched by the card as they were with theirs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #26

That is really lovely Kazz, you have helped them enormously in their grief. X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #27

You could not have done more, Kazz! That was so hard for all of you......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 magical moggies
11-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #28

Kazz.............big hugs. how sad to go through that. i would have done the same as you I really would. A horrible experience. Oliver will be at Rainbow bridge now.

Thinking of you x