Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #21

Re: Do You Believe...

I love finding out about other religions Emm, it was my fave subject at school!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
I love finding out about other religions Emm, it was my fave subject at school!

me too! although High School RE was taught by a Christian minister and college RE was taught by an ex- Franciscan monk - both teachers were very biased about their own religions

I would love to teach religion and philosphy at school - if I weren't so shy I would defiantely do that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #23

My RE teacher was great lol. There was only one for the whole school so it wasnt compulsory in 3rd year, but I chose it anyway (1 of only 6 who did lol, and I was the only one to pass the exam). He took us to Glasgow central mosque, to chapels and churches. We did Judaism in depth and others, if was very, very interesting!

Almost a Veteran Member

02-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #24

ah I wish I could have had a teacher like that. That would have been so fascinating.

I think I learned more when I left school and worked in a nursery in London - we had to celebrate every childs religion and everybody learned why they celebrated what they did. It was a great way to introduce children to other peoples thoughts and ways. Plus the kids loved learning it.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
02-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #25

All really interesting replies everyone thanks

Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going completely mental believing in these things - my OH doesn't quite get it and when I start waffling on he starts going on about men in white coats he's only teasing though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
It sounds fascinating - I'm definatley going to spend some time reading up about it. I hope you are able to organise the Handfasting ceremony - and when you do I want to hear ALL the details!

I was brought up Baptist - but like you my mum even though is Christian is very accepting of other beliefs and that is how we were brought up - it is something that should be an individual choice and never forced on another.

I'm totally fascinated by religion - I really would like to study it more some day.
Emm you will really enjoy reading up on paganism,its just so lovely all about nature,spirits and energy
I practise the Wicca side of paganism which I just love.
The Handfasting ifI ever do manage to sort it out will be amazing,the only part ed is bothered about is jumping over the broom stick
Im totally devoted to my faith 100 %.Im after a nice design of a penticle so I can have it a tatoo of one,yet to find one that just grabs my attention yet though.

Almost a Veteran Member

03-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #27

is there any books you recommend about it?

I love the fact that it is about nature and spirits and energy - it sounds like it is much more about living with nature rather than the view that we (humans) are the only important things on this earth and can do what we like regardless of the consequences.

What is the Wiccas view on animals?

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
is there any books you recommend about it?

I love the fact that it is about nature and spirits and energy - it sounds like it is much more about living with nature rather than the view that we (humans) are the only important things on this earth and can do what we like regardless of the consequences.

What is the Wiccas view on animals?
emm Ill start a new thread

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #29

here you go Emm

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=22778

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #30

My son dropped RE as soon as he could in school when he chose his GCSE subjects.

My daughter still has to do RE for another year and hates it... I think I have inadvertantly influenced their hatred of the subject....

My daughter had to do a tourist leaflet on pilgrimages and she just did her own thing and said she wouldnt go on a pilgrimage cos it was boring and would rather go to a fun fair instead!

They are always learning about muslim religion and they never seem to learn anything about anything else and thats what annoys me. What about teaching the children about catholics and Church of England stuff?

Needless to say, RE is her worst subject when I saw all her grades...