Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #21

Re: What should I do ? New kittens ill

Oh Sue, sorry to be reading this and how strange that both you and the op both have Bengal kittens

Have you tried wrapping your kitties firmly in a towel, so that they are unable to get their legs out to adminster the eye cream? I do so hope your babies get better soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #22

it's sad to hear of someone else having trouble with their bengal babies.
I hope they are soon fit and fine and driving you insane!

Cats owned: Bengal
17-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #23

Just an update the kittens are still ill. It turns out they have chlamydia and we have been continuing with some other eye drops which are really hard to get in them. They also both have heart murmours and 1 of them vomits quite a lot and has blood in his toilet. We sent him back to the vets and he was tested for various things , parasite , food intolerence etc. Those tests came back negative we have him on a priscription diet which seems to stop the sickness but not the blood in his toilet. As you can imagine we have spent hundreds in the vets, they are insured but you still have to pay upfront and you lose the excess each time. Other than that the kittens are putting on weight all the time and now have been micro chipped and love being in the garden. The breeder told me a few weeks ago that she thought the kittens had chlamydia before she sold them and the father of one of them also has blood in his toilet. I feel so angry because she never told us this to start with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #24

I share your anger at this 'breeder'.
Leave aside all the financial bit (and it's not so easy to leave aside on a personal basis, and more and more cases like this put up general insurance costs for everyone) it's such a shame that the kits are having their babyhood inhibited by illness and you are going through all the stress when your major worry ought to be that they are abseiling up your legs
As well as Rustyducko talking about her bengal babies here, our long standing member Jac has had terrible trouble with her raggie baby Caspurr who has been ill with calici (I think) virus, from the breeder.
Grrr, for you all and spiiiiit to the bad breeders