Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
30-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #21

Re: Which car?

We have a good deal with Mercedes as we use the vito vans & dualiners for all the training vans now (changed recently from transits) - when the trainers take the dogs out to work. Also I think they are proving to actually work out cheaper in the long term.

It's the only vehicle like it - we would have been happy with a different one as long as it had room for the family for personal use (ie need back seats)& lots of room for the dogs, but the Fleet Manager has been working on it for weeks & it's the only vehicle - with a van back - & a nice seated area also.

Won't be getting it for about 5 months though. As they don't come standard with air con / then we have to sort out the configuration of cages etc, so we reckon minimum of 20 weeks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
30-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
It's very nice!!! Fran - the good thing about (most) van-type of cars is that they are surprisingly well priced. Good on tax too usually
I've been getting mixed reports about the tax. Some people say it will be more than the car, but some people say less as it's a commmercial vehicle - I haven't got a clue about any of that sort of thing. I need to clarify that when we have a meeting about them in 2 weeks time with the fleet Manager, before they are ordered. I think the private fuel is more-per-mile too. but I think it will be worth it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
30-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #23

My other half is a mechanic, he says go for the focus, reliable and good high milers, easy to work on, and reasonable on price of parts. Megane is utter rubbish!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #24

Our Foci (! ) have always been good/reliable/economical etc. and comfortable