Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #21

Re: To those with "entire" cats

Quote~as our vet had assured us that Felix would be sterile due to his age,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
02-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggz
I'm sorry but your reply is well out of order.

The reason he fathered 2 litters was because the queen we had as a kitten got to 6 months and we were short of money, as our vet had assured us that Felix would be sterile due to his age, we didnt worry so much about having her speyed, and Felix was the only cat in the house with spuds so we put off having her speyed for a month. Took her to be speyed and she was already pregnant and I dont condone murder.
She duly gave birth and we were out at the time, and despite thinking we were ok to not spey her until the kittens were weaned, once the kittens were weaned we took her to be speyed, only to find out she was pregnant again.

as soon as the kittens were 6 weeks we had her speyed.

And if you read my post properly - you would have noticed i wasnt proud of it, i was rather annoyed. Strangely - I'm rather annoyed again now.
I think you should be annoyed too, I would be bloody furious, if I thought a Vet had told me that! and then allowed it to happen again!
Dawn.,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
02-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #23

Well...Elsa is getting booked into be speyed ASAP in a hope to resolve some of these behaviourall problems she has-will see if it works.
I must say i did notice when Clementine was done those years ago she became a lot more settled and just calmer-IMO if you don't intend to breed then why keep entire?!?!
An un-neutered tom can cause a right royal nuiscance (sp) for the neighbourhood i tell you!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Well...Elsa is getting booked into be speyed ASAP in a hope to resolve some of these behaviourall problems she has-will see if it works.
I must say i did notice when Clementine was done those years ago she became a lot more settled and just calmer-IMO if you don't intend to breed then why keep entire?!?!
An un-neutered tom can cause a right royal nuiscance (sp) for the neighbourhood i tell you!!
I'm glad you have made your decision for Elsa's well being, Luke

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Me too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
02-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
The decision was already made...it was just finding the appropriate time as the vet was worried about a multitude of things including Elsa going into servere shock from the whole environment as her main problems stem right back from that first stay at the vets...but if it will restore "sanity" again then its worth a shot i guess