Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #21

Re: 20 week scan

Good luck Yola. When I was expecting Ceilidh I had an amnio . I asked what I was having and told to expect a girl. I was so happy I cryed. I was once told I couldn't carry girls. I bought all the pink stuff I could . To this day Ceilidh's favourite colour is Pink.
Hope you get one of each!! (no, not twins)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Good luck at the scan Yola!
There is always the chance it could be twins.......I didn't know I was having them until 30 weeks!
That's not even funny Mags, the thought of just the one extra strikes the fear of God into me

I've had 2 scans to date and there is definitely only 1 personage in there . . . there was only 1 heartbeat at the consultant appt last friday . . .

Jac - that's lovely. It's easy to tell that Ceilidh is very special to you - just the way you write about her is so full of love Everyone is saying they 'feel' it's a girl. I have to admit to having a preference for another boy. Having said that, as long as it's a happy, healthy baby that shares Dominik's sweet disposition I'd be over the moon!!!

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #23

I'm sure you will be happy with "whatever" bump is. Dont want to frighten you but this is just for a laugh. When I was a Nanny. The girl I worked for was expecting baby no 2. She kept complaining about being "too" big. The doc told her to stop eating so much!! All through her scan's there was one baby. It wasn't until she had given birth to one she was told there was another . It had gone undetected

Just a thought how about Akiko, Japanese for princess

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
03-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #24

I never found out what I was having, and everyone told me it'd be a girl... But I felt like it'd be a boy.

And it was

Although the was only for the annoying people who harassed me day and night about how it'd definitely be a girl

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #25

I didn't know what my first was until 36 weeks then I was told it was a girl.

I knew my second was a boy as I carried completely differently with him, he was an awkward begger

My mum didn't know she was having twins until my sister was born and then they said I was there aswell. In all the appointments they could feel a head and feet an apparently it was my sisters head and my feet they could feel, they just thought it was a big baby

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #26

Twins were only detected in my case because the doc couldn't find a heartbeat. I was sent for a scan and they found two little ones packed tightly together (boy & girl)

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #27

Oh Mags that's nice. Bet you were worried sick at the time though.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Oh Mags that's nice. Bet you were worried sick at the time though.
Yes I was at the time Jac......but completely shocked later!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #29

OK . . . the baby is very healthy and growning as it should be. The good news is that I have my 'dream come true' and will (all being well) in September have another little boy to keep Dominik company. Lets hope he inherits the good health, good looks and lovely nature of Domi himself. I have a lovely scan of him and we all saw his 'bits' . . . there's no doubting it's a boy!!!

I'm off out into the garden with a glass of wine and my fish n chips to celebrate, but will soon be applying myself to working on some suitable names (new baby name book to be bought tomorrow methinks.

All suggestions welcome by the way - so pleas suggest away as I am a little lost for boys names

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #30

glad all is well Yola.

Well if we had a boy it was going to be Aron, but we had 2 girls I also like the name Adam, erm.... not sure what other names I like..... will have a think.