Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #21

Re: Meep's Home Improvements

Looking over those I've noticed that the 'line' around the window is a bit wonky and occasionally splashes onto the window pane - oops! I did use masking tape too, and a fine brush. Obviously I need more pratice... But I think the positives of painting it far outweigh the negatives of a few uneven edges!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #22

That's much better.
You'll get any splashes off the glass by gently scraping with a blade - and maybe the wood of the frame too, if you do it carefully. Try a test patch where it doesn't show first.

Enjoy your baths!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #23

Looks great! Much better than I'd have done, I'm not a dab hand at painting. What a nice change!

Almost a Veteran Member

19-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #24

Thanks DM and Eileen! I'll definately try gently scraping off the paint from the window frame. It must have leaked through the masking tape.

It just makes the room feel fresher, bigger, and a lot cleaner. More pleasant to be in!

As I was leaving my flat today for the shops my neighbour came out his flat and I caught a peek into his hall, noticing that since I last saw in (not on purpose, just as you do when someone opens their door!) that he's installed a Dado rail and painted it two tone! I wonder if that's a sign?? It seems a bit more work to do, but when I saw how lovely his hall looked I was sorely tempted to do it myself. It just makes it look 10 times more elaborately decorated with really not that much work involved. Will suggest it to OH but as he really doesn't like any unnecessary hassle or work, he probably won't be keen (Hence why I did the bathroom myself this weekend, purposely when he was out the way!)

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #25

Well, you can only suggest it to him; you'll be doing the work! It does sound lovely; couldn't he agree and just watch soccer or something and let you do it?

Almost a Veteran Member

19-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #26

Oh he's not a soccer guy; he's a UFC or Muay Thai guy! He'll probably play xbox whilst I do it
He's just come in now after being away for the weekend, stuck his head in the bathroom door and said "aye it looks good". That's it. Men!! But I did it for me.

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #27

Yes, MEN!!!! Not very communicative, are they? I'm convinced that early humans acquired speech through the women ...guys too busy hunting mammoths and grunting at one another!

Almost a Veteran Member

19-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #28

That is a very good, and highly feasible, theory Eileen! OH is particulary bad at communicating. I talk a lot and am very bubbly, so it is opposites attract and compliment as him being quiet gives me room to chat! But sometimes you do need more than a few monotone answers! But I guess that's what friends are for

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #29

Very much off topic, but I've noticed that my gay male friends are very chatty and communicative! Odd, isn't it?

Almost a Veteran Member

19-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #30

It is but also makes sense! I don't know if it's anything to do with the 'macho male' culture we live in, where straight men aren't supposed to show much emotion, do anything non-macho, enjoy beer and football / fighting, and are aloof etc. The whole men are from mars, women from venus theory, that we seem to live up to. Yet gay men don't feel the need to, subconsciously, act like that, so they can be more open in expressing themselves.

Speaking of which, apparently after Madonna and Guy Ritchie's split she's called him "emotionally stinted" or something similar, and has vowed to never date a British man again as they're light years behind American men in emotional development and expressing their emotions. It does ring a bell...!