Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
20-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #21

Re: Have you always

When I was a kid, I loved dogs and my brother loved cats. When I was about 11, he got a little tabby-and-white kitten he named Fred (after an imaginary cat we had a whole pretend game based on), and I fell in love with him but still wanted a dog more.

We got a dog a year later, a lovely one-year-old bitch who'd been abused and neglected by her previous owners and when I was about 17 we got another kitten when my French teacher asked if anyone wanted one.

I've been without cats since, but for a maximum of about 6 months. I don't feel right without a cat, and when recently I spent 2 months without I was reminded of just how weird it is to live in a house without a cat.

Of course, I only intended to get the one but am now ending up with a litter as well I think if I had a dog who was about to have a litter of pups I'd have much more trouble with the idea, but then I don't want a dog - I've become a cat person. On one hand, I have a chronic pain problem and couldn't guarantee it the exercise it requires, on the other I prefer the feline personality.

I've also noticed if a dog jumps up against me I bruise really easily, and while I don't blame the dog for this (it is, after all, an animal) I don't want to deal with it on a regular basis. I will stop to talk to someone about their dog, we used to live nextdoor to a Staffie I absolutely adored - I just don't want a dog of my own.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
20-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #22

If I'm honest I'd have to say I was more dog person than cat person probably 40-60 in the dogs favour

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
20-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #23

I am a 70% dog and 30% cat - I know you will all hate me now We always had cats when I was young but I was never allowed a dog. I love my little Alfie and the old bag Rosie but Holly (my lurcher) is the one that makes me have to get out the house into the fresh air and always wants to be with me (I think we all know how moody our feline friends can be). Nevertheless love sharing my home with them all.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
20-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #24

I love them equally, I would have a house full of both if I got away with it!! The kids are on my side but the hubby tries to keep me in line but I have managed in the past to get another dog and another cat more than what I originally said!!

Angie and the gang

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
20-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #25

I've always loved cats, but since having dogs in latter years, have realised how much I love them too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #26

Allways had and loved both dogs and cats, for different reasons. Was born into a small zoo of domestic animals, and its been that way ever since! Can't imagine life without at least one of each in the house!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #27

I think I am just an animal person.
As a kid we had a basset hound. We grew up in what was then Aberdeenshire, a little village called Dyce. There was a riding school there and my sister and I used to go for lessons. They had loads of cats, dogs, rabbits, hens, geese (didnt like them much), a duck, horses, ponies and a donkey.
On starting secondry school, my mother let me go into town to buy pencils etc for starting the big school and I came home with 2 rabbits instead.
I was always filling my dads pond with frog spawn, toads and newts. Rescued several hedgehogs from the strawberry nets.
On leaving home I always felt empty but my life style meant a dog was not an option. After a few years being pet free, I then decided on a cat. Its been cats ever since but would honestly fill the house with any creature if I could.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
20-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #28

i would say im a 50/50 person ive always had cats and dogs so i could never choose between the two because there both different in there own special ways.