Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
26-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #21

Re: To Jab or Not To Jab?

Quote:
originally posted by Pretty Kitty
Awww Emm, I'm really sorry to hear about your cat Did he/she have any vaccinations at all? and how old was your cat when he contracted this awful disease?

It was Tippy Toes I don't know how old she was because we fostered her then decided to keep her she was definately over 10 years old though. She was diagnosed earlier in this year and she died only a couple of months after diagnosis. I have no idea about her vaccinations - the person who had her got her from a cat rescue so I'm guessing they vaccinated her?

My other cats had all had their initial vaccinations but no boosters because I was frightened they would react badly to the vaccinations - but when we found out about Tippy Toes we had to get them all tested luckily it had not spread to them - so I got them vaccinated and they will recieve annual boosters from now on.

It hasn't been that long really since she died but I miss her loads - I feel so much to blame for her dying - I really wish I had done things differently

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I'm not a fan of them either. They do have there place but just DONT try to make a claim cause they'll try to find any exuse to get out of paying up. Speaking about personal injury claim here

I haven't had a problem with insurance. I don't insure the cats but if I have ever made a claim on the dog's insurance they have always paid out without quibbling

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #23

We have recently made a claim for personal injury for my OH whilst on holiday last month....I'm pleased to say they paid up in two weeks with no quibble...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
It was Tippy Toes I don't know how old she was because we fostered her then decided to keep her she was definately over 10 years old though. She was diagnosed earlier in this year and she died only a couple of months after diagnosis. I have no idea about her vaccinations - the person who had her got her from a cat rescue so I'm guessing they vaccinated her?

My other cats had all had their initial vaccinations but no boosters because I was frightened they would react badly to the vaccinations - but when we found out about Tippy Toes we had to get them all tested luckily it had not spread to them - so I got them vaccinated and they will recieve annual boosters from now on.

It hasn't been that long really since she died but I miss her loads - I feel so much to blame for her dying - I really wish I had done things differently
Emm you are not to blame for Tippy Toes illness. Sometimes things like this happen and for no apparant reason and no one is to blame. Time is a great healer and although you will never forget Tippy Toes, your sadness at this time will turn to fond and lasting memories of her.....{{{Hugs}}} to you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #25

all my 3 are indoor cats,and i havent had them jabbed.