Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #21

Re: Claude is missing

I am glad that you have found Claude, I am sure that the vets will do all they can and if you have been able to bring them home that is a good sign - sorry foe the ignorance what is mastitis??

thinking of you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #22

Thanks Abbi Mastitis is inflammation of the breast tissue. Her breasts have continued to produce milk even though the kitties have gone and because the milk hasn't been suckled off the breasts have become really hard and engorged which has lead them to become infected.

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #23

Awwww poor little love, I hope she will be ok - you having a rough ride today you poor little poppett x

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #24

I'm just glad Claude is home Abbi, I can cope with anything else....It is just so out of character for him, he is such a home bird.

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #25

Do you think maybe he has been hit by a car??

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #26

That was my first thought when I saw him Abbi but the vet doesn't seem to think so, he has no apparant broken bones and he has no scuff marks on his claws which apparantly are a good indication of being hit by a car. The vet is baffled. He has said that there is a chance he has had a severe allergic reaction to something that has made his face swell up so much but that doesn't particularly account for why his nose has been bleeding...Think it will be one of life's mysteries

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #27

I guess so, are you keeping him in for a few days???

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #28

They are all in!!! Don't think I dare let them out again To be honest Maud and Claude are not well enough to go out anyway...

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #29

I think that is for the best. My two pedidgees are indoor cats, but Daisy goes out and I always worry about her if I cant see her in the garden, so I do appreicate what you have been through, not nice. She is getting really old and wants to be out more and more - she is very difficult to get in to be honest, so is spending a lot of time outside, it always worrys me!

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #30

My old girl never goes out these days...by her own choice. I'm glad really I've had her 18 years and would be constantly sick with worry about her if she went out. I do worry about the others going out but tbh they don't usually go far and are always in when it goes dark with the exception of Sylvester who for love nor money I can't keep him in at night he just howls the house down until someone gets up to let him out . Claude has never spent a night out before that's why I knew something was wrong...even in the day if I call him he comes to me