Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
16-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #21

Re: Has Catsey gone out of the catflap?

and im not having a go at any1 who has posted on this thread up until now

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
well maybe people stop popping by after they post pic and no 1 replies, this form is good and ignoring people, or is it just people that stand up for themselves and there friends when people have a go at them for saying what they think?
What are you trying to say Natalie?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Why? What did i do last Thursday?
You thought Thursday was Friday, remember?

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #24

wot im trying to say Mags is its ok for some people to have a go at every 1 when ever they like, but not ok for every 1 to do that, some people get away with any thing and others dont,
and if people stick up for some 1 that person is having a go at then they seemed to be pushed out as well

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
16-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #25

It's not ok for 'anyone' to have a go at anyone else (well apart from admin ).

If you see this happening you should report the post.

I also doubt people's picture posts get ignored.

With regards to it being quiet, this time of year is often quiet - summer hols > kids going back to school etc

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #26

i forgot about the report post thingy so may use it next time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #27

It will probably pick up now the darker nights are coming in....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
wot im trying to say Mags is its ok for some people to have a go at every 1 when ever they like, but not ok for every 1 to do that, some people get away with any thing and others dont,
and if people stick up for some 1 that person is having a go at then they seemed to be pushed out as well

Eh? Whats all that about?
I just felt that Catsey has been pretty quiet for longer than normal and thought I'd poke a little fun about it. If there is a serious gripe though, then lets hear it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #29

Well, I've only been here for a short time so can't compare it to anything. I've noticed that there is a 'core' group of people who post. I think I've only had one post which got no replies - not a big deal I didn't really expect any.

I've found the folks that do post a reply always to be helpful. Example - I posted a question asking if anyone had experience/knowledge of pain clinics and/or alternative therapies. I got responses from people saying 'no, but good luck' type replies. I think that is really supportive.

Maybe when the nights get darker more folk might come on.

Is there an 'ideas' section? Maybe this would let people post what they would like to see differently. (know this can be nightmare to moderate as you might get the have a dig or moan for the h*** of it types)

I am a member of another forum (not cats) and I do not feel 'at home' the way I do here. Twice I've been shot down for having an opinion.

Catsey is, in my opinion, a friendly, helpful forum and I hope it remains that way.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Well, I've only been here for a short time so can't compare it to anything. I've noticed that there is a 'core' group of people who post. I think I've only had one post which got no replies - not a big deal I didn't really expect any.

I've found the folks that do post a reply always to be helpful. Example - I posted a question asking if anyone had experience/knowledge of pain clinics and/or alternative therapies. I got responses from people saying 'no, but good luck' type replies. I think that is really supportive.

Maybe when the nights get darker more folk might come on.

Is there an 'ideas' section? Maybe this would let people post what they would like to see differently. (know this can be nightmare to moderate as you might get the have a dig or moan for the h*** of it types)

I am a member of another forum (not cats) and I do not feel 'at home' the way I do here. Twice I've been shot down for having an opinion.

Catsey is, in my opinion, a friendly, helpful forum and I hope it remains that way.

CM
Agree 100%, CM! I'm on a garden forum also; while it's pleasant enough and informative, I do not feel the attachment I do to Catsey.

I was glad to hear your reaction to the"I can't help but good luck" responses; sometimes I've wondered about posting them, which I almost always do. At least you know someone has read the post and is thinking of you, even if they have no advice...