Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #21

Re: Merlin's operation

Awww Angie sorry to hear that as you will be anxious waiting, at least he is being well looked after and is settled there. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #22

Oh dear! The waiting is the hard part........ hope they do it soon and he'll be well on the road to recovery and coming home. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #23

Just had a phone call from the vet, apologetic about the delay. Surgery went well and Merlin is in recovery. They discovered a second cyst like thing nearby which was also removed with the one incision. Merlin is back on IV and will be monitored closely overnight. The vet said they would like to keep him on IV overnight and for as much of tomorrow as possible. I have to phone around 10.00 in the morning to see when he can come home. He'll be coming out with a collar as he obviously mustn't scratch anything!

First hurdle is over - my poor sweetheart, I expect his little face will be very sore for a while. Can't wait to get him home.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes - it really has helped me. Please keep the healing vibes flowing for Merlin.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #24

I'm delighted to hear that he's come through the op so well. And the vet is being right to be cautious and keep him in on extra fluids. I'm sure he'll be back with you in no time!

Lots of hugs and well wishes to Merlin and thoughts of a bottle of valium especially for you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #25

Great to hear he has come through it and is reovering Angie...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #26

Big sigh of relief that Merlin's op is over .......hope you get a better night's sleep now Angie..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #27

Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! sorry I sent a PM before looking at this thread.

I am so pleased we (Sal) and I were in Sutton park this afternoon and I had a little sit on a bench with a stunning view and thought about Merin and you, that was about 4.00pmish so pleased all went well seems cysts do have a habit of spreading (Cleo had two as you know one I had not seen) so bet you're pleased he had it removed now imagine his discomfort with two of the things......he'll be home before you know it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #28

That's what did it Karen! Your thoughts - it was a bit spooky the vet finding a second cyst like Cleo, although he didn't say anything about the possibility of it being anything more. He warned me that they could recur and presumably it isn't known yet what causes them in the first place.

I will probably need advice when I get him home about how to keep him calm. He won't like the collar that's for sure and I'd rather he didn't injure himself trying to get it off.

I dare say the vet will give advice about post operative care, but if anyone has any hints, tips or wheezes - please feel free to pass them on!

And thanks so much everyone.

Rum and coke for me this evening ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #29

I think you will find he will sleep for the first few days while the anthestic travels through his system I did notice that with Cleo she was more sleepy (if thats possible with old cats) than normal following the op by the time she felt a lot better not as tired the stitches were out.........see the benefits of older cats having ops.. lol

But he will feel a heck of a lot better.I think it hits them all of a sudden, stitches out/enthestic worn off no cyst....
happiness.

Not sure what to stop him scratching it Cleo never touched hers.....but then she was dense...............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
24-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #30

So glad he's come through ok Angie xxx