Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
23-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #21

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

She is home, but not sure for how long!!! while she was eating, I noticed that she was holding her back leg funny (you can see it on the pic), so I rang the emergency vet back who told me it wasn't normal, and he was very sorry for not picking up on it, it could poss be some inflammation from taking the pin out. So, I can either get her back over today, and he will look at it free (should hope so ith how much I paid!!), or leave it till she sees my vet on Tues for a check up. My neighbour has said that if she is still struggling in a couple of hours, they will take me back over. Just how I anted to spend my weekend!! Things are never simple with her!! And she didn't seem all that happy to see me, she turned her back on me when they brought her out, rather than look at me!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #22

Oh dear...I hope it is nothing too serious BT.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #23

More good vibes for Pebbles x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #24

Hope she's ok Des xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
23-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #25

((((((hugs)))))) for Pebbles x

Almost a Veteran Member

23-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #26

Sorry for the delay, my friend has been on the PC most of the afternoon. Ended up taking her back to the vets, and he says it looks like nerve damage, but he has never seen this happen before when a pin has been taken out (my neighbours have had cats for over 20 years, and mine have had things that they have never come across!!) and has taken lots out. He says it is quite swollen though, so what he is hoping is that the swelling (which he also can't fully understand as all he did was make a slight incision and the pin was there) is pressing on her sciatic nerve and causing it to be trapped - it could take up to a week for it to come down though, and nerve damage is irreversable, so if it isn't due to the swelling, I don't know where we go, I didn't really want to ask. She is on 3 drops of Metacam once a day for 3 days, then 2 a day for the rest of the week, but have just struggled getting her to eat, and I bought more of her favourite food yesterday that she never refuses. He assures me she will be able to use the litter tray without any probs, but I am going to keep her in the bathroom while I am at work, as the one in the bedroom is a large lidded one (to stop Molly missing), and I am pulling up the carpet in a couple of weeks anyway, so no big deal if she misses. She already has a bed, food and water bowl in there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #27

Oh poor kitty. She sounds like me I hope they get her sorted. Sending hugs ((((((()))))))

Almost a Veteran Member

23-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #28

Have to say, I haven't noticed her noisy breathing today, wonder whether it was related to the pin, cos it might have been bothering her for a while, the vet said he normally removes them after 9 months, I have had her for 15 months, I dont know how long her previous owners had her, but they knew nothing about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #29

Glad the breathing is better! Now if the swelling will just go down.....sending good vibes again!

Almost a Veteran Member

23-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #30

Actually, I have just heard her breathing loudly. She is still not that interested in her food though, I am a bit bothered moreso cos when she had a dental she wolfed her first meal down and then barely ate, so had to go for a shot two days later - only cat I have had a dental done where they have had to go back. So, I am hoping she doesn't do the same, but she is back on Tues at my vets for a check up anyway.