Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #21

Re: Christmas decorations - when do you put them up?

Now see, I don't see it as ruining the magic of Christmas in the slightest. Tbh, that confuses me when people say that. My girls faces when they walk into the living room and see the decorations on the 1st is extrememly magical to me, and we spend the next 3 weeks getting prepared and enjoying everything associated with the season. If that irritates people I'm not going to apologise for it, it's how MY family and I choose to celebrate!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #22

Alex nobody is asking for or expecting an apology for the way you do things - it's each to their own! I just feel - from my perspective, that where I drive round the streets and see so much overt display that it really diminishes what Christmas SHOULD be about - for me!!

Again, for me it's not about how much electricity you can consume, and how early and how completely you can get your house covered in lights and this is seems to be a predominent objective around here. I appreciate this is the way the trend is progressing but it's just not for me, that's all!

Edit to say, when I write 'around here', I mean locally to me rather than around here at Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #23

Oh I'm not keen on excessive light decorations either lol. Although the kids do love to drive around and see them. My girls obviously both know about the true meaning of Christmas, if they don't then why am I going to church every week and raising them as Christians lol, but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate the value of a tinsel bedecked tree

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
02-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #24

Up first weekend in December. Down new years day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #25

Some of my friends always do a car ride around the areas locally that are known for their exterior decorations - they love it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #26

We have quite a few houses in the neighborhood who go in for lots of outside light displays. Have tried to take pics, but apparently my little camera can't do it, as they never come out. Pity, as they're rather spectacular. All I do outside is the wreath and some big red bows on the shared fence with my neighbor.