Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #21

Re: Been to the hospital with my daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK

If i break my arm can I have bluebell????

You are mad CJ!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #22

Just caught up on this thread.........poor Ashleigh! Has she got a bit of a jinx on her Smudgley? She is a very unlucky girl lately..........I hope it heals quickly, hope she isn't in too much pain.......and hope this is her last accident for a long time!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #23

Thanks everyone - she is doing ok, her arm is uncomfortable though & aches quite a lot. She was quite miserable & tired yesterday & has been feeling a bit sick. She had a good nights sleep & seems ok this morning. She is grooming Bluebell now (one handed) & Bluebell is sitting patiently letting her do it.

As for the slabs - not entirely sure if it was a crooked slab now, but I'm off to look today & see what she tripped on.

I'll get a photo of her today.

She is worried now that her bones are not very strong & will keep breaking but it's not that at all, when she broke her leg, she fell very awkwardly whilst in her bedroom playing & twisted her leg as she fell, causing a spiral fracture. This time she did a very common thing - put her hand out to stop herself & broke it in the process. She has just been unlucky.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
04-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #24

You're right. Active people break bones as well. Just a matter of moving much. Get the right twist in, and all it needs is a tap at the wrong place to break a bone, any bone. If you're active you also heal quicker - better circulation, better equipped to compensate with other muscle-groups etc.
From one who knows from experience...
The aching gets boring quickly, fortunately it will also go away fairly quickly and she's doing the right thing by being careful but not letting the plaster stop her too much. Good timing with Bluebell, again.