Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #21

Re: Some new additions.

Poor Pippin, he loos like an angel bless him, hope all goes well with the vet and the Smithy. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
28-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #22

pipin is very sore on his back feet, he keeps shifting from one side to the other, i'm hoping when he feels a bit more at home he will lie down. he hasn't passed any droppings yet, which i'm a little bit concerned about, although he did one in the trailer. he is eating and isn't sweating, so hopefully he is fine. i will keep an eye on him and if nothing has passed by 8 will give the vet a ring, i'm hoping its just because his tummy is empty.
i'm really annoyed about my hand as i just want to get grooming him now, i can see a lovely horse under all those problems. however, it is probably best if he just gets basic handling for the next few weeks anyway, while he settles.

Catsey Veteran

28-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #23

If you need any help, I could lend a hand at the weekend if you wanted. Just hollar, I'd be happy to help.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #24

I too felt choked when I saw his poor feet .....what a hard life he's had..

He looks a lovely boy, his beauty is all inside at the moment but with your care and time he will be transformed into the handsome horse he is.

I truly hope all goes well for him.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #25

What a lovely pony. I hope he has, by now, passed some dung. He looks as if he will be really something once he has had some special TLC. I'm sure once his feet have been fixed he will start to feel so much better in himself.

I look at my boy and think how lucky he is as he has a home here for life and has never had a day where he has been anything other than loved and wanted.

But I can just see Pippen with that lovely mane combed out and a glossy coat over well covered ribs, kicking about in the field onhis properly trimmed pain free feet.

Do let us know how he gets along.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #26

Hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd give a quick update on Pippin. The farrier was out today to start work on his back feet, and it was amazing. Pippin also let us groom him, and we took his rug on and off. Now the hard work starts with handling, physio and the farrier's work.
The vet is coming out tomorrow to see Folly, one of our sheep, and we have specifically asked for Andrew, who saw Pippin first, so he can see what the blacksmith has done. He is going to have a busy day here, he's checking Folly and Elsie's feet- both sheep, giving Pepsi (dog) her vaccination, Samson (cat) vaccination and blood test for thyroid levels, check Pippin and Bumble, who is just slightly unsound on her back left ( both horses).
Anyway, judge for yourselves, I'm stunned already.
Pippin before,

Pippin half way through,

Pippin finished for today,

Pippin naked ,

Pippin in his new rug,

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #27

Wow! that's amazing Farthing....what a great improvement in his back feet! I'm so pleased to see this as I had my doubts that his feet would be past helping...

Doesn't he look smart with his lovely groomed mane.....you have worked wonders with him already.

Hope all goes well with all the animals seeing the vet tomorrow..

Finally, we don't mind at all with the updates of Pippin....... I for one am really interested to see how this lovely fella progresses, so thanks for your pics...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #28

What a difference, you can already see the angle of his pastern has altered slightly. He must feel so much better. Can't wait to see him 'finished'.

CM

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #29

The difference is incredible, dare i say he's landed on his feet by coming to live with you. Hope all goes well with the vet visit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #30

Thanks for the update farthing. I am sure we are all really keen to know how Pippin gets on. Hope all goes well with the vet tomorrow.