Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #21

Re: Daily Thread/Monday

Its working out when the swelling first started... I didnt notice at first as it is a gradual build up... you have the disease for about two weeks before symptoms show when you are most contagious but the GP said to stay off for a bit.. she didnt give me a date to go back.. but did say I didnt need a doctors note for this week... so assumed she meant to take things easy this week and to cover any contagious issues as dates are a bit uncertain...

Its the fact I look terrible as well, I feel very self conscious... and the pain in the side of my face is really bad.. I am on paracetamol and ibroprofen every 4 hours or so... and dead thrsty all the time as its the salivatory glands that swell ...

Oh well... I can see how I feel in the morning I suppose.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #22

Oh poor you, Donna! It does sound most unpleasant....(((hugs)))! Hope the other people in the office have had it since it seems you were contagious unknowingly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Its working out when the swelling first started... I didnt notice at first as it is a gradual build up... you have the disease for about two weeks before symptoms show when you are most contagious but the GP said to stay off for a bit.. she didnt give me a date to go back.. but did say I didnt need a doctors note for this week... so assumed she meant to take things easy this week and to cover any contagious issues as dates are a bit uncertain...

Its the fact I look terrible as well, I feel very self conscious... and the pain in the side of my face is really bad.. I am on paracetamol and ibroprofen every 4 hours or so... and dead thrsty all the time as its the salivatory glands that swell ...

Oh well... I can see how I feel in the morning I suppose.
Please tell me you are not considering giving in to their pressure? I think your gp meant you don't need line for first 7 days. Maybe need one next week.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #24

Sorry to hear you have mumps Donna,just take things easy....Hugs...xx