Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Asians and Burmese
21-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #21

Re: Quite worried about Spice.

Sounds horrible with no water! Very rural places are lovely ... in the summer! I hope thigns are better for you soon - as well as the weather I mean. It really is only four weeks until the Spring equinox!

Liz

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
21-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #22

Farthing, I do feel for you - hope Spice and Fluffy improve very soon and you really can only ever do your best you know. Keep us up dated Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #23

Oh, it does sound as if everything's piling up I hope your two poorlies are better soon, especially poor Spice.

The water issue is quite scary, I know you have all kinds of animals that need access to fresh water so not having any must be a big worry. I hope Mike manages to sort the plumbing asap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
23-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #24

We took spice back to the vets today because she was no better, so she is now on baytril too. They still think it is likely to be an ear infection, but said it may also be a mini stroke. Either way we just have to wait and see how she goes.

Fluffy is a bit brighter although she now has a snotty nose, so it may be a virus she has picked up. I have to give her another antibiotic injection today.

The good news is we now have water- after digging up bits of the field and buying filters. I have spent the day washing dishes, clothes, floors, litter trays and myself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #25

Hugs to you Louise and gentle cuddles for Fluffy and Spice, I hope they feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #26

Glad you have water again Louise. I do hope that Spice and Fluffy pick up soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #27

Glad the water situation is normal again; fingers crossed for the poorly girls.

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #28

Spice's head tilt is still there, I'm not sure if it is any better or if she is adapting to it. She has had a week's course of baytril, then a week of noroclav, surolan ear drops for 2 weeks, steriods and cerenia to help with any dizziness.

I have managed to get her eating again- hi-life petite pate mixed into a soup with cat milk, which implies to me her teeth are part of the problem. I am offering her food about 4 times a day, I have to hide her in the bathroom to stop everybody else from stealing it.

I do need to take her back, probably next week now, although I'll speak to a vet tomorrow- Samson is in to be checked again and Loki is going in to be blood sampled for FIV/Felv. I'm not sure what else they can do, unless she goes on a longer course of antibiotics, this worries me because of the affect it will have on her already dodgy kidneys, but if it isn't treated she will have no quality of life, although she seems to enjoy her one on one sessions in the bathroom.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #29

I decide to take Spice in with Loki, and the news isn't as positive for her. The vet thinks she may have a permanent head tilt now, but we have stopped treatments anyway as they is nothing else we can do, her ears are lovely and clean.

We took a blood sample to check her kidneys and the urea, creatinine and phosphate levels have all gone up a fair amount- disappointing, even thought I suspected it after the diet and meds she's been on. She is now on fortekor too, but I have to try and give quarter of a tablet a dy, so that should be interesting. The vet said to keep feeding her her pate soup if she is happy to eat it, its better than not being able to eat at all, and she has put on a little bit more weight- so that is a good thing. She certainly put up more of a fight than Loki when she got her blood sample, so I think that must be a good sign.

The vet was very happy with Samson, if there is fluid there is not enough to worry about when he has all the other complications. His teeth are starting to get bad, but again the vet would rather leave then unless they become an issue, because they would rather not operate when he has all these other problems.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
13-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #30

I hope everything works out ok for you, I sympathize after just losing Tabitha and having ups and downs with my other old hyperthyroid cat, but you are definitely not a failure, you are doing a good job. My Tabitha liked the little tins of Hills senior pate when she would'nt eat anything else, if you need to try temping with any other food x