Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #211

Re: Very worried about Teddy

So sorry that Teddy is still having problems Alex.
If you feel unhappy about your present vets, I would definately chenge. As with everything else in life there are good vets and bad vets. I remember changing vets a few times with Winston, its not easy to find one you are happy with sometimes but it is important that you are happy with your vet for the benefit of your animals.
I phoned around a few vets giving them all the details and asking what they knew about these conditions. The vet I am with now was the most informative and helpfull, I also have to say they were the most supportive with me and Winston. They got all the test results faxed to them from the old vets, but as Winston was blood tested every 3 months and was almost due for another test, they did it and were much more possitive about the results and took the time to talk and explain everything to me.
A new vet might make all the difference Alex.
I wish you and Teddy all the very best and please dont be afraid to ask for help. I would certainly be willing to help if Teddy does need another test. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #212

Thank you once again for all your support!

DM - can you let me know the cost of that binding agent and I will send you a postal order if you are able to order me some. It wouldn't hurt to try that alongside the promax.

Elaine - I am going to phone around a few vets on monday (when I have the funds to take her in for a consultation), thanks for the advice.

Julie - Teddie wasn't the runt of the litter. Apart from the diarrhea she has no other problems now, the ringworm etc were external easily treated problems which have all cleared. She is capable of doing normal poos as we have seen them, but her main problem seems to be a very sensitive tummy and I remain positive that we will find a food she can tolerate at some point.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #213

Duh, forgot to update you all!

She had another bad night with the runs, tons of it all over the kitchen floor (worse than the previous morning). She hasn't eaten since 6 pm last night and so it is starting to dry up a bit now. I have given her some of the powder probiotic and I will give her some coley fish tonight. When the promax paste from Fran arrives (((hugs)))), then I will give her that along with the fish for a few days and then try putting her on the pro plan sensitive. If she starts going runny again then I'll put her onto an invalid diet for a few months and see how that goes. She is still quite lively in herself, not depressed like last time. In fact, she's yowling at the kitchen door just now, begging to be let out, poor baby! If she manages to go an hour without doing anything then I'll take her upstairs and wash her again then let her have a roam about.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #214

I am so sorry to hear that Teddie has had another bad night Fingers crossed that starving her will at least give her some respite and the Coley will be gentle on her tummy. The paste is on it's way to you as we speak and I have my fingers crossed that it will help settle the diarrhoea once and for all x

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #215

Thanks Fran. It is so upsetting the length of time this has been going on, just when we think we've cracked it , it all goes pear shape again. That's why I'd like to try getting her on the pro plan while I have the paster 'cause then I can stick to the one food rather then the vet puttin her on a prescription diet she can't stay on and then having to introduce a normal food. It's so bloody infuriating (pardon my language)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Thank you once again for all your support!DM - can you let me know the cost of that binding agent and I will send you a postal order if you are able to order me some.
Sorted.
It's good to think I might be actually helping instead of just sympathising.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #217

I thank God for the day I found this forum and the wonderful people on it. As most of you probably know, I'm a church goer, please note that everyone one of you will be thanked and prayed for this sunday. Bless you all! xxx

Cats owned: moggy
17-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #218

why is it that people on here cant be trueful about the fact that if an animal as problem with his stomach and cant hold its own poo that there is something major wrong, as i ive said before it is very unlikely that it will ever get completley better and keep putting it on the paste is not going to completley cure the problem only mask it at least im being honest about the situation none of us are vets so why advise things that are proberly not good and switching vets is not the answer either now they know the history of it, it is best to stay with them as you will only have to start all over again and pay more money out. sorry to be blunt but at least i am honest to say.
julie....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie
hi im new here ive just been reading all about your kitty it doesnt sound like anything is going to work for her, are you sure she wasnt the runt of the litter cos if so i wouldnt give it much hope of getting better. my friend had a litter of kittens and the last to be born just didnt do well he never grew to much and ended up with all kinds of illnesses. you cant really blame the vets as they are only doing there best to help if the treatment isnt working then there isnt much chance of complete recovery . sorry to put the dampers on it but you have to think logical. im only speaking from my experience
julie
I don't mean to be rude, but I found your post quite offensive. If anyone suggested that any of my cats were "the runt of the litter" I would be offended. Noone is blaming the vets for Teddies problems, however sometimes different vets will try different things.

Alex - did your vet test for campylobacter / salmonella / giardia?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #220

Julie, no-one is trying to cover up the fact that there is something wrong with little Teddie. She deserves to be given a chance and Alex is trying everything in her power to find a satisfactory feeding regime that will do just that.

Everyone on here sympathises with what Alex is going through and we are all behind her, supporting her and wishing this little kitt well.

I'm sure her vet will be the person to tell her if there is something major wrong...