Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #11

Re: Snap Dragon Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
The Snap Dragon's proper name is Antirrhinum, Shelley ....... I used to like squeezing the sides of the flower to make them 'open their mouth'.......
thanks Mags, me as well

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #12

Katy hope your cough gets beter very soon
Eileen sorry about your grocery delivery, hope it arrives ok tomorrow.
My day got worse and worse, i've had a burning sensation in my upper stomach all day and i think it's the stress of dealing with my son's problems. We have ended up falling out over it and still have to deal with things tomorrow, this is so not what i visualised when i had children.
We had an emergency trip to the vets with Kwame. we took the dogs for an off lead run to the river and somehow he ended up cutting his pad quite deeply. We only noticed when we came back and he kept licking it. We managed to clean and dress it but he was crying and whizzing around the house in a panic. We erred on the side of caution and took him to the vets. He's ok and all bandaged up, the wound wasn't too deep and couldn't be stitched so it's dressed and he's been given an injection of painkiller and long lasting abs. He's sleeping now and seems fine, my purse is definately not, it cost £72.00, i can hardly believe they charged us £10 to clean it and £20 to bandage.
Sorry to be so gloomy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #13

*hugs*

You've every right to be gloomy Shelley. Sounds as if it's been a day and a half for you. I'm reminded of a line in a song from Sunset Boulevard... "Problems, Problems, nothing but problems/Animals and actors, two kinds of hell!!!" Maybe we need to insert 'Vet fees' and 'Children' for it to work, but... *hugs*

I'm hoping the cough will get better soon. I've an appt with the Asthma nurse coming up on the 1st (she's on holiday and the other is run off her feet until then too...) when I'll get them to change my preventer medication. But if it doesn't fix up some point before that I may well have to get an appt for a possible chest infection. It has been 'barking' at me when I've coughed for a while now, so...

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #14

thanks Katy.
If you think you have a chest infection i would make an appointment, it's too long to wait until the first

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #15

I agree, try to get an appointment for the chest sooner if you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #16

Thanks. I'm still at the seeing what it's doing stage - could still go either way - right now I'm well - that's one of the reasons I was at parents for the weekend, if they'd thought I needed it I'd have got an emergency appt...

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Thanks. I'm still at the seeing what it's doing stage - could still go either way - right now I'm well - that's one of the reasons I was at parents for the weekend, if they'd thought I needed it I'd have got an emergency appt...
just make sure you look after yourself Katy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #18

Yes, second that Squirrel - last time I got a chest infection I ended up with an ambulance and a bit of a stay in A&E, and I didn't even know I had an infection.