Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #11

Re: Birman Tuesday

I had to Google passata, CS ...never heard that expression. I've learned more interesting little facts here.....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
11-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #12

...No green tomato chutney for you this year then cat's staff.

Angieh how did dear Monty get on this eve?

You're lucky having a walnut tree angie, I have a few I planted from seed a few years ago. It'll be several years yet until I see any fruit on them, they're only a couple of feet high. I too have squirrels in my garden, I watched one atop the post outside the kitchen window this morning, it perched on the post, bottom on the air (bottom facing me I might add) and dropped one right there and then ( a poop that is)! Funny little b****r.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #13

Hi all - Monty did well at training, thanks for asking Eileen. He got two treats for being best at sending to bed and staying and got the most moves in the 30 second sit, down, stand by voice command only. But then poor lamb was tuckered out and couldn't manage to lie down by his master's chair, whilst his master got up. The idea is to have your dog lie down by your chair and you can get up and go to the bar for a beer and your dog will stay obediently lying by your chair! No chance, he was so tired by then. Before we went into the training session, we walked around the park in the dark. We met a couple with a staffie/ridgeback cross and this dog and Monty played so well together. The couple were really nice too and we did have a long chat.

We have roses and weigela in flower and the last tomatoes are ripening nicely. May have to try passata CS.

We have also ordered a slow cooker, so will be looking for tips and recipes from experienced users!

Sorry Truth - didn't mean to ignore your enquiry about training! I did have to consider my post longer than usual as I've had 2 small rum and ginger wines this evening - been feeling shivery today.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
12-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #14

My Slow cooker recipe: Winter Warming Vegetable Stew

1 Sainsbury's tomato & herb pasta suace (700g)
Half a swede
3 large carrots
2 x vegetable Oxo or Sainsbury's stock cubes
Tin of baked beans x 2
Tin of butter beans x 1
Tin of chick peas x 1
Clove of garlic
1 x red onion (these are better for you and don't make your eyes water)
A little ground black pepper
A dash of soy sauce
A dash of olive oil

Slice, dice and boil vegetables, drain well, fry onion and garlic lightly, add everything else to pan, put everything in slow cooker, stir, put slow cooker on medium for 2 hours, then low for 1.2 hours.

I usually double this recipe and make some for the freezer. Have fun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #15

Thanks Truth ...... I'm waiting for it to be delivered, perhaps tomorrow ....