Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #11

Re: Savannah saturday

A new October high temperature was set today at Gravesend in Kent of 29.9C, (hotter than Athens) and a new Welsh record of 28.2 at Hawarden in Flintshire. Strawberry plants are flowering in the Royal Horticultural Society gardens at Wisley in Surrey, funny old Autumn!

Not being a sailor I'm not too sure exactly what a yardarm is but I'll raise a drink to it anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #12

Afteroon all

Yet another quiet weekend here......although I am in the planning stage for various things around the house.

Opps phone ringing got to go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #13

Here you go, MrsH!

SUN IS OVER THE YARDARM - "(time for happy hour to begin). This expression is thought to have its origins in an officers' custom aboard ships sailing in the north Atlantic. In those latitudes, the sun would rise above the upper yards - the horizontal spars mounted on the masts, from which squaresails were hung - around 11 a.m. Since this coincided with the forenoon 'stand easy,' officers would take advantage of the break to go below for their first tot of spirits for the day. The expression washed ashore where the sun appears over the figurative yardarm a bit later in the day, generally after 5 p.m., and the end of the workday."

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #14

That's interesting Eileen!

As for my hair... Not sure if it's thick or not... I do know it's rather fine. does that conflict? The hairdresser was very dubious about how it would look cut very short cause of that - she thought it wouldn't be able to hold a short style. At the time I'd not long broken my upper arm, and couldn't take care of longer hair one handed, so I couldn't care less what it looked like, and was happy to settle for functionality. But then people decided my face suited short hair... I've stuck with it since that point, the few dissenters have just had to get used to it I'm afraid...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #15

evening all, another beautiful sunny day here.
Up with the larks to go car booting. Found a new pair of Green wellies so i can now leave a pair up at the caravan, also found a minature shopping trolley to use as a doll prop.
Dog training started again today, Kwame is doing Silver and Malaika continues with the gold, she was realy brilliant.
He on the other hand was not, he realy played me up and i was mortified when he growled at the trainer as she tried to go over him. She tried feeding him some sausage, he took it from her and spat it out on the floor. As she moved away i picked it up and he then ate it from my hand. I di hope it was a one off.

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #16

Oh dear, Kwame seems to be in the bratty teen years! Not good........

Nice about the wellies, though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #17

Shelley hope its an off day regarding the growling, or maybe he is just stating his point of view he is not available t be touched by everyone just his family.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #18

I was wondering if he didn't like some scent the trainer had come into contact with today...

Just had to come and share my amusement at the way Cloud spends about a minute wiggling her bottom in the air more and more excitedly when she's about to go for something. Am guessing it's a cat thing, but it's a little like 'on your marks...'

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #19

I love that, Squirrel, it is a cat thing, and makes me smile too.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #20

I get a bit peed off at training because Monty does anything for the trainer and not for me; and sometimes not for OH either. Monty is definitely all attention when the trainer comes to see him and is as good as gold!

I also love the bottom wriggle just before a pounce. Unfortunately my two have grown out of it, think it rather gives the game away!