Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #11

Re: Curly-Wurly Wednesday

Angie, Tom is in year 6, eleven years old at the moment , soon to be twelve on 6th Sept. He's going to the local comprehensive next term, so a big step.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #12

Do join us tomorrow at the quiz, Misspurrfect! It's a fun thing, open to all menbers. we have 10 general knowledge questions, winner gets to host the next quiz. It's anything but a fiercely competitive thing, just mainly for fun and a lot of chit chat and getting to know one another. Normally it's every Wednesday about 8:15 pm, but for several weeks it'll be Thursday, as one regular member has another commitment Wednesday. Sort of our own version of a pub quiz. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed
20-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #13

Thanks dandysmom. I'll put my soaps on to record (I am Misspurrfect and I'm a soapaholic) and try out my general knowledge. I will warn you that I am a dumb blonde so you'll have to promise not to laugh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #14

Hi everyone, don't get me started on button pressing on phones or I may have to start on BT broadband 'help'.
A busy day delivering some training at Wrest Park. Got home to overflowing drain from the kitchen sink so I've had my hand down there trying to sort it. Not sure if I've succeeded so I'm off to google drain rods.......

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspurrfect
Thanks dandysmom. I'll put my soaps on to record (I am Misspurrfect and I'm a soapaholic) and try out my general knowledge. I will warn you that I am a dumb blonde so you'll have to promise not to laugh
Wouldn't think of it! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow then, click on the All New Posts as the thread will appear in the Games section. The scoring is: 3 points for the first correct answer, 2 for the second, i for the third. No Googling, but piggybacking on someone else's answer is OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #16

yes it would be lovely to see you at the quiz, MP.
As Eileen says it's good fun. When i first started i was rubbish, then i seemed to get a bit better, then i have gone rubbish again .
It is a very good way of getting to know people better and i realy feel as if i have made some great friends.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #17

Yes, Shelley's described it very well: some weeks I am a genius and the next week the village idiot, but no one really cares that much about points. The quiz normally is about an hour and a half, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more, depending on how many players and how chatty we are. It is really sort of a bonding thing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #18

PP - a bit of a scary time, going up to "big" school. I still remember the dream I had the night before I started senior school!

Sorry about your drain CS - hope you can get it sorted pdq - not nice. We have some rods, but it would be a bit of a long way for you to come to borrow them!

Yes, please join us for the quiz tomorrow evening Misspurrfect - we start around 8.15.

Back from class now and I've had to have a coffee with a tot of rum in because I was so cold - it absolutely poured down just as we got to the hall. Monty started off very excited but calmed down and was a good boy. Strangely, he had real trouble walking on a ramp, even when it was not elevated. He was the only puppy who had a problem and the rest of the class was dismissed whilst a kind lurcher showed him how to do it - so in the end he did manage to walk along it. Odd how some things just worry some dogs whilst others are fine! Monty was good with the little jumps and with his sits and downs he was (IMO) the best in class.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #19

angie, glad class went well and i'm sure he was best in class. Monty isn't doing agility things is he ?
The reason i ask is that pups are not suposed to jump etc whilst their growth plates are still developing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #20

No, not agility but one of the exercises involved the puppies being off lead one at a time and being led around a series of three "jumps" which were about 3 inches off the floor - most dogs just stepped over them.