Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #11

Re: Wednesday- cookie dough

Evening all, got soaked to the skin walking the dogs today and that was with waterproofs and wellies too. Poor Rayne was soaked to the skin, just ordered her a rain coat online as she has lost her undercoat, she really does get wet right through. Dont want it affecting her joints, I do always give her a good rub down and give her a cozy blanket while she's in transit but probably best to try to avoid geting her so wet in the first place....
PP just read about Posh, what's going on there? Is this recent or has it been going on for a while? You may remember that Eva always had an aversion to pooping in the litter box. Dont want to alarm you but if it continues over a lo0ng period of time, I'd insist on further investigation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #12

Hi all, very changeable here today! I've been at Audley End House (in Essex) and then pilates. I'm thinking of getting a pilates ball but am a bit worried about cat claws- that could be a bit of a bang!

Glad you and Leia are settling in Eileen. I hope Monty manages a calm entrance to class tonight Angie. Weight is weird Mrs H- surely the gallstones must have weighed something?
Squirrel- I know what you mean- sometimes it's hard to think of anything to say, particularly if you are tired but it's nice to hear from you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #13

Back from class now and have a G&T. Monty was an absolute nightmare in class tonight, disrupted everyone with his barking and squealing. General thoughts are (a) he's becoming adolescent and/or (b) he's teething. Not an enjoyable evening.

Was it a year ago, Kazz? Glad you are finding exercise good and hopefully enjoyable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #14

Poor Angie! At least he'll grow out of either of them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #15

Angie

He sounds like a typical puppy to me Angie, keep going and you will be fine. I do not know much about Schnauzers however have you spoken to his breeder and asked for advice re his barking/squealing? I know its a breed trait but that does not have to mean it cannot be moulded. Was he the only newcomer in the class? I expect that excited him too.
As you say it is a breed triat not a breed written in stone

Yes a year in April.......since the Op but start of July was the start of my "pheww breath out recovery" when I started to feel human again.

The class I liked the look of was "robounder" which is low impact excercise on a small trampoline. May well join and give it a go.

I have joined a Body Balance class to a mixture of yoga/pilates/tai chi.

I have to say I am not a joiner but need to do something - hence my best foot forward. I need to reduce the bulge that is now my tum. I want to recognise myself again in a mirror.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #16

Hi Kazz, I would recommend Pilates- particularly if you are also doing aerobic stuff. It is great for flexibility and toning abs.It's been good for my dreadful posture too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Hi Kazz, I would recommend Pilates- particularly if you are also doing aerobic stuff. It is great for flexibility and toning abs.It's been good for my dreadful posture too!

There are a few Pilates classes but none of them am I able to get to due to work commitments, so plumped l for Body Balance, seems really good so far no idea I was so inflexible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie

He sounds like a typical puppy to me Angie, keep going and you will be fine. I do not know much about Schnauzers however have you spoken to his breeder and asked for advice re his barking/squealing? I know its a breed trait but that does not have to mean it cannot be moulded. Was he the only newcomer in the class? I expect that excited him too.
As you say it is a breed triat not a breed written in stone

Yes a year in April.......since the Op but start of July was the start of my "pheww breath out recovery" when I started to feel human again.
Well actually this class is a continuation of the original puppy class Monty went to, so all but one of the puppies are known to him, he loves them all - there is no aggression just over excitement.

So very glad that you are still feeling that you have room to improve your health. That must make you feel great, even if you feel you still have some way to go your increase in "wellness" must be a great lift to the spirits!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #19

[quote=Elaine;650800]Evening all, got soaked to the skin walking the dogs today and that was with waterproofs and wellies too. Poor Rayne was soaked to the skin, just ordered her a rain coat online as she has lost her undercoat, she really does get wet right through. Dont want it affecting her joints, I do always give her a good rub down and give her a cozy blanket while she's in transit but probably best to try to avoid geting her so wet in the first place....
PP just read about Posh, what's going on there? Is this recent or has it been going on for a while? You may remember that Eva always had an aversion to pooping in the litter box. Dont want to alarm you but if it continues over a lo0ng period of time, I'd insist on further investigation.[/QUOTE]

Well I placed the tray by the back door last night and this morning I heard her scratching away and she 'performed' in the tray for me lots of hugs given so hope we can keep it up, I knew she was having her bowels open so wasn't worried for her health, and her wee and motions were fine. Guess she lost the habit and needed retraining

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #20

Good news, PP, hope she continues!