Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #11

Re: promoting the quiz

I am quite astounded and slightly dismayed to hear I'm part of an elite! Also that the questions are too highbrow .... people have different interests and areas of expertise: what may be common knowledge to you might be very difficult to me ... and vice versa.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #12

Eileen, I'm sorry but I feel the quiz did become that way and I did say so many times during several quiz's.

You only have to look back and see who the regular quizers are, whereas before Moli, Mags, Alex and Pinklizzy used to join in.

http://www.catsey.com/forumdisplay.p...=12&order=desc
The link is from when the quiz began.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #13

14/03/2008 was the date I did my first quiz questions, so a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. I am now recycling old Qs and leaving out those that I suspect might be seen as "highbrow". I remember asking others at the time if they thought the same and was reassured.

The thing is though we now have new members and I think we should look forward and promote the quiz positively.

If anyone would like to know my definition of "highbrow" - has anyone watched Eggheads??? I would agree that's way over most peoples' heads and they are a pub quiz team, or were originally. Even the questions are numbered in Greek, which of course Elaine would understand. It really is horses for courses.

Look forward not back.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #14

Is it not true that we should look to the past to learn for the future? Dont alienate people is all I'm saying coz that's happened in the past.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #15

Well that's true but in raking over the old stuff don't we risk alienating our new members whom we are trying to attract?

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #16

Why should that be the case? Surely its about resolving the issue in order to move on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #17

Have to say, i agree with Lainey on this....The quiz was a bit of fun, we all joined in and had a laugh, Saturdays was for the few who were on, give them something to do on a Saturday night...I do think some of the questions used now put people off....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #18

Im getting lost here - which isnt hard

Could Admin send a letter out to "all" Catsey members - that way it might remind original members of not only Catsey but the quiz as well?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #19

I didnt mean to cause any problems by mentioning promoting the quiz, apologises to everyone as it was me who started the thread but........

As a relatively new member o the forum, i have participated in the quiz for many weeks/months now and i really enjoy it, yeh the questions can be tough at times but so can any pub quiz questions. That is the "joy" of being able to piggyback others answers. Ive found the questions, although tricky at times, very interesting and have learned many a thing from it. I myself have used topics for questions i am interested in but made a fun night by doing a disney night as that is 1 of my hobbies

I think we should yeh maybe go back to basics a little with questions and let it grow from there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #20

I'll volunteer to compose a PM to send to new members if that seems OK?